arrow_upward

Poll: Which type of IDE do you use? Paid, Free or Freemium?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
FREE
60.00%
PAID
20.00%
FREEMIUM
20.00%
Total
5 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which type of IDE do you use? Paid or Free?
Hello, do you use a paid one or a free code editor? I don't use freemium one. I use sublime text it's free to use for life, but I am thinking to give VS Code a try.
What do you use? 
VS Code, sublime, atom, brackets, or any others? Share with me.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
I honestly use Xcode for everything, it's primary purpose is Apple Ecosystem Development, but the code editor is spectacular and using home-brew you can compile python, ruby and other languages to allow Xcode to run code.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
I would say almost one of each type listed. I mean, there isn't a IDE that can handle ALL the existing languages. Right now I am very happy with the paid solution of the JetBrains' Suite. It is paid but I got it for free thanks for my student status. Their IDEs are really good and I think I will become their customer as soon as I can afford it.

I selected also "freemium" because IntelliJ and PyCharm IDE comes with a "Community Edition" which is totally free but with some funcional limitation: you miss the support for enterprise stuff, that's is logical...

Regarding the totally-free I would call NetBeans or Eclipse in... but I got used only to the first one. Unfortunately I am using more often IntelliJ than NEtbeans due to the superior support and better life cycle of a project.

There is not a "right" tool for something. You can adapt as you like. What yoy pay is the comfort of a superior support of the common development processes.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Yes, the right tool does not exist yet. I love sublime because it's just so simple and runs smoothly like anything. I am now using vscode because it's free and has a lot of plugins available.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
(04-24-2021, 02:15 PM)debjit Wrote: Yes, the right tool does not exist yet. I love sublime because it's just so simple and runs smoothly like anything. I am now using vscode because it's free and has a lot of plugins available.
There is a huge difference between a Text Editor, such as VS Code and Sublime Text, and IDE, Integrated Development Environment. Don't mix them in a single categories. You are right, VS Code is cool but it can't perform as well as a IntelliJ due to difference aims. 

The thread is title "Which type of IDE do you use", so I think VS Code is not apropriate.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
I had used Dreamweaver for a long long time. More than 10 years. It worked great for most of the scripting languages which are used for web development. Especially for all HTML and PHP stuff. Once I have moved to WordPress I have started using it less and less. Also, it's getting way too expensive. These days I use SublimeText for Python.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting