arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why aren't Governments putting a stop to the overpopulation of the world?
(11-30-2020, 05:31 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: Well, I'd only agree with you to an extent. I do agree that family planning is necessary but in today's world, individual responsibility is not a thing. Especially with people's mindset these days, you can't really convince most that something which is being spoken is for their good. 

Take COVID for instance. People are smartly walking around the streets, crowding at marketplaces and creating nuisance at public transportation systems all without masks. Someone says I was just talking so I took the mask off, someone says I was eating speaking drinking and what not. Some people even go to say that it is shameful for them to wear masks, I mean come on even kids have better understanding than you guys. it's even ridiculous that police personnel were found without masks in their vehicle by journalists and when they try to cover that, the car just speeds off and escapes breaking all traffic rules (it was in the news a couple days ago)

The gist of what I want to say, is that things need to be enforced. Those days are gone when when you could explain the good and bad to people and they would understand. In fact it should be made a norm that each family can have a maximum of two children, here we see 5, 6, 7, even 10. In fact, I feel we should opt for the China strategy, force it on to the people.

In China they limited families to having one child up until 2017, where prior we saw a huge spike in infant morality due to families killing female babies in favor of male who would be able to carry on the family name and adopt the wealth of the future spouse. I 100% agree that we should have laws in place to protect children from neglectful parents, we see it a lot in the United States where people have a large amount of children to reap the benefits of government assistance, but these cases have started been looked into by Child Protective Services to minimize the allure of this behavior. Something I did not see mentioned was adoption, in wealthier countries we do see population maintained by adoption and with more and more countries allowing for same-sex couples to adopt children, I think we will begin to see some sort of population control where in the past, the only way for these couples to have a child were to have them from a previous relationship or to use surrogacy or Invetrofirtilization as avenues to build a family. Also while in secondary school, I had to do a research paper and my topic I was assigned was population control and abortion. I don't want to get too much into this topic publicly, as I know it has strong feelings, but the population control studies on this are quite interesting.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(02-11-2021, 04:23 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: In China they limited families to having one child up until 2017, where prior we saw a huge spike in infant morality due to families killing female babies in favor of male who would be able to carry on the family name and adopt the wealth of the future spouse. I 100% agree that we should have laws in place to protect children from neglectful parents, we see it a lot in the United States where people have a large amount of children to reap the benefits of government assistance, but these cases have started been looked into by Child Protective Services to minimize the allure of this behavior. Something I did not see mentioned was adoption, in wealthier countries we do see population maintained by adoption and with more and more countries allowing for same-sex couples to adopt children, I think we will begin to see some sort of population control where in the past, the only way for these couples to have a child were to have them from a previous relationship or to use surrogacy or Invetrofirtilization as avenues to build a family. Also while in secondary school, I had to do a research paper and my topic I was assigned was population control and abortion. I don't want to get too much into this topic publicly, as I know it has strong feelings, but the population control studies on this are quite interesting.

Yeah it is a somewhat interesting topic to be honest. Thanks for your other thoughts though I do see it a good point of discussion. Honestly I HATE this concept of female infanticide.  This distinguishing is awful in my personal opinion both the genders are equivalent, and should be treated equally.

I do agree that only those parents should have children who will be responsible enough to guide and guard their wards, and not merely being orphaned. Adoption is a great concept at least a blessing for children who have been left alone this way into a orphan shelter. 

I feel both population control and child protection are the key to the society we expect to live in.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(02-28-2021, 04:54 PM)sohamb03 Wrote: Yeah it is a somewhat interesting topic to be honest. Thanks for your other thoughts though I do see it a good point of discussion. Honestly I HATE this concept of female infanticide.  This distinguishing is awful in my personal opinion both the genders are equivalent, and should be treated equally.

I do agree that only those parents should have children who will be responsible enough to guide and guard their wards, and not merely being orphaned. Adoption is a great concept at least a blessing for children who have been left alone this way into a orphan shelter. 

I feel both population control and child protection are the key to the society we expect to live in.

Yeah.In past times male have a higher post than female and for families that with more than one children boys tend to enjoy more resources than girls however now the genders are equal.

Interestingly recently there are commenters than are seeking previliges for woman in social medias here.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
In a democracy, it is not possible to limit this. I can say it for India and the main problem is education. From where I live, I have seen people have 3-4 children and they are way below the poverty line. They think every child would do labour intensive work and earn for the family. It is hardly the case.
The only solution is if you can educate people so they learn about the population.
(03-31-2021, 03:49 AM)debjit Wrote: In a democracy, it is not possible to limit this. I can say it for India and the main problem is education. From where I live, I have seen people have 3-4 children and they are way below the poverty line. They think every child would do labour intensive work and earn for the family. It is hardly the case.
The only solution is if you can educate people so they learn about the population.

Well for democracy I think it's true to not limit this. My country also a democratic country, we have no choice but to allow. We have a campaign where family can use some pills to prevent pregnancies, but it's not forced. If you want, you can take it.

We also have a "propaganda" about having 2 children is enough. Then if a civilian works for govt, then govt only will give subsidy for the first 3 children. If you have more then you have to pay from your own pocket.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Well, thats a interesting topic for me and i am also the big supporter of controlling population but if i just talk about my own country then i must say people taking it in wrong when you talk about controlling population and they starts mixing it with religion that If God giving us then why should we stop.
I wont comment much about religion thingy but what the sense of giving birth to childs and then not able to give them good education and a better life.
(05-31-2021, 07:58 PM)Decent12 Wrote: Well, thats a interesting topic for me and i am also the big supporter of controlling population but if i just talk about my own country then i must say people taking it in wrong when you talk about controlling population and they starts mixing it with religion that If God giving us then why should we stop.
I wont comment much about religion thingy but what the sense of giving birth to childs and then not able to give them good education and a better life.

I can't help but think of all of the over population and how nature perhaps (or humans - who knows?  Tongue  ) may have taken a hand with over population to create a virus to sort humans out.  If one checks the Covid 19 numbers they seem to hit most where the population density is much higher.  Wuhan market in China is very over populated.  But when I think deeper about it, I wonder whether nature is getting even with us humans who can't seem to have the proper respect for its environment to take care of it properly.  Nature will have its final revenge.

Over population in South Africa with man vs environment is getting to be a great worry.  There is a shortage of resources, fresh water supply is getting less and less when the greater number of population are polluting fresh water supplies, cutting up all trees for burning wood and creating air pollution with too many cars and burning of wood.  There is no eye on maintenance of power equipment, and the generators that are old and fed with coal are also a problem and great sources of air pollution.  Human overpopulation is a real issue all over the world for sure.  Some of it also doesn't make sense to me.  Like having so many Government laws that curb our freedoms, but the most important need to prevent over population is not worked on, even subtly so.  Instead in some of the poorer countries they provide subsidies to families with children, so children are brought into life to get money from Government.  Governments of countries are just very poor managers - as soon as politics come in the worst of decisions are made instead of good ones that can take care of future generations - decisions are always short sighted.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I think the topic has too many aspects to think. When we talk about overpopulation what we should consider?
What should be the fair population in the world?
I think population density has more importance than the overall population count. People tend to live in the cities together more than the villages. We feel world is overpopulated by seeing the crowd in the cities. There is no equal distribution people in all parts of the world. I think maximum two children per couples will negatively impact the human resource available in the world. I don't know whether it is right or wrong, I heard in some countries which have such restriction have problem of not getting brides. It will lead to another problem. They give importance to male child and genocide happening in those countries.
Genocide is a human right violation, I won't support such strategies to kill a child in the womb. Every child has a right to live. We can educate people to have an equilibrium of wealth inside their family. But forcing them is a big no. It is their personal space. Education is the best thing than rules and regulations.
There may be people who don't marry, or do not have children or just one child, so this two child strategy will backfire. There will be less younger generation considering the senior generation.
For me, I think planning the population considering the density and educating people is more important than forcing the people to have maximum two children.

Thank you  Sweet

(06-01-2021, 09:32 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: I think the topic has too many aspects to think. When we talk about overpopulation what we should consider?
I think population density has more importance than the overall population count. People tend to live in the cities together more than the villages. We feel world is overpopulated by seeing the crowd in the cities. There is no equal distribution people in all parts of the world. I think maximum two children per couples will negatively impact the human resource available in the world. I don't know whether it is right or wrong, I heard in some countries which have such restriction have problem of not getting brides. It will lead to another problem. They give importance to male child and genocide happening in those countries.
Genocide is a human right violation, I won't support such strategies to kill a child in the womb. Every child has a right to live. We can educate people to have an equilibrium of wealth inside their family. But forcing them is a big no. It is their personal space. Education is the best thing than rules and regulations.
There may be people who don't marry, or do not have children or just one child, so this two child strategy will backfire. There will be less younger generation considering the senior generation.
For me, I think planning the population considering the density and educating people is more important than forcing the people  to have maximum two children.
Agreed.
Recently my country just loose the limit of two children per family to three and still some young people resist to give birth to a child.Controlling population often risks to an aging society as most people are living longer than before as the technology develops.By controlling the birth rate ,less younger generation is getting on the track while the current generation is aging.That would make the population structure unstable.

And,back to the title,why goverments do not control the world population.The world is not a communism world and there are no hard limits that countries have to enforce them.All the goverments are thinking in their best interest.They needs workers to work and generate profit.And so they need reasonable birth rate and you can't blame them.And so the only way for that is to control the death rate,and I don't think any country will take this approach.Having a draw to decide who will be killed?We are not living in a survival game.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
(06-01-2021, 09:32 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: I think the topic has too many aspects to think. When we talk about overpopulation what we should consider?
I think population density has more importance than the overall population count.....

I think there should still have a limit for the overall population count. Because resources on our earth is not unlimited.

So, the fair population in the world should be a number that our earth can comfortably afford, without needing to pollute our earth heavily, of course. Smile

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting