arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you think FVC failed?
Well, this might be quite sensitive. But as far as I can see, FVC is almost dead except Dean and Sagher are the only two active user. What do you think about this? Why did this fail?
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
it is still up . though with two vps types and mostly the same crowd like we have here.
What i am more amazed about is HR is there too. with 50 rep. That guy is a rep magnate. hahaha
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
In my humble opinion and from my observations so far (since Freedomain.club/FreeVPS.club) started the biggest problem is simply that no one enforces the posting requirement and such things. People get a VPS and vanish. No posts from them. Only a few come back to post.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
to think that some here kept saying that posting requirement should not be so high. hahaha

Their theme is dark and kinda uninviting underground haunt type. Like as if a lot of shady deals are going down there.

The only guy I saw posting there who might be not also here is Turing or something.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
@rudra  The theme was a gift from @"Hidden Refuge"  lol  I thought it was nice.  Something very different.

@Manal For a history of FVC you can check freevps.us - https://freevps.us/thread-19904.html  You'll find everything you need to know in there.

I think Coreyman conceded defeat a long time ago.  But he's keeping the Forum alive.  When he announced in November last year he's closing the containers, Sagher asked to keep his container alive and is still posting for his container.  Turing is a new member posting for hosting.  So I imagine FVC is still alive, but not actively so.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I guess it is lack of regular management work, trouble shooting, team building, administration then ?
Like an effort needs a goal and guidance ... is it what is lacking there then ?

aaah. thats very generous of him. I don't like it does not mean it is not good. I liked the boring old theme at fvps. i also like the default one here. haha
(03-17-2019, 10:32 PM)rudra Wrote: aaah. thats very generous of him. I don't like it does not mean it is not good. I liked the boring old theme at fvps. i also like the default one here. haha
That is so true.  I liked the previous Vienna theme - https://community.mybb.com/thread-161390.html.  Sadly, the alternative themes don't work with Shoutbox, only the new theme does so I'm using the current theme.  But if I had a choice, the previous theme even with being old fashioned, is my favourite theme. Probably not a good one though from the point of view it's not responsive.

BTW the current theme is also by iAndrew.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
The theme doesn't make the community great. However, it does contribute. But here is the reason why.

Let's compare between P4V and FVC.

This is FVC
[Image: Xjedsjs.png]

and this is P4V.

[sorry @Manal - thank you for your positive comments however I had to remove the quote as it came from the Private Support Forum - @deanhills]

Now you decide the rest about who is "professional" and who is "d*ck". This is not just about inactivity or theme, the professionalism on the community has decided their fate. Great personalities like Hidden Refuge, Deanhills, rudra, Dynamo, Perryo and etc are the reason why this community is growing. 

I'm being quite off-topic but I think there should be a "hall of fame" thread too which would attract people to make 'contributive' and 'quality' posts. The one who contributes the most, wins the list's position. As of now, @HR should be first followed by Rudra and Deanhills. 

Sorry for being brat but I would honor HR to be the Sean Kernan of P4V haha.
aaah !! Manal !
Hahahaha
So you are on the Quora scene too ! cool !

But they had both HR and Deanhills there too. So I wonder how much the lack of professionalism you are talking about was a factor for the downfall. May be Dynamo is a big influence here. He must be doing an awesome job behind the curtain to keep things this way here.

A request on the side. Please do not put me on any list like that. I dislike attention. not saying it is wrong to let appreciation from others be a reason to try to do good things.
It is just me. If you think I should have any say in this matter then please don't.
Well, this is not about attention anymore. It's about how you have contributed towards the community developments.
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting