arrow_upward

Pages (11): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have a three years old Acer notebook and I can't hibernate with it. If I set it to automatic hibernation after a time period it simply reboot. When I manually choose hibernation it simply reboot too. What could be wrong?
The Windows is a genuine Win 10 Pro x64 with all the newest updates.
(04-26-2017, 05:21 PM)Dudi Wrote: We have a three years old Acer notebook and I can't hibernate with it. If I set it to automatic hibernation after a time period it simply reboot. When I manually choose hibernation it simply reboot too. What could be wrong?
The Windows is a genuine Win 10 Pro x64 with all the newest updates.
Try this:
The problem with rebooting right after hibernate has to do with the devices allowed to wake the computer.  Go to device manager and pull up properties on the mouse, keyboard, and network cards.  In each go to the Power Management tab and uncheck the "Allow to wake computer" box.  If you do want to wake on lan check the "magic packet only" option.

I found on google.
(04-26-2017, 10:06 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: Dear Microsoft

No thanks . i still prefer my windows 7 . it is much lightweight . have a great classic theme and the best feature is that it doesnt have telemetery like in windows 10 . and i also doesnt really need dx12 . my pc doesnt have full dx12 support and cortana is annoying i just search on google if i need think .w ho need cortana?

im totaly agree with you, i have installed win 7 ultimate for long time and never upgrade it to higher version.. Big Grin
win 7 still my best. Big Grin
Many thanks to Abc-Hosters LLC and post4vps for the VPS 3  Party

- Sorry for my bad English

(04-29-2017, 05:08 PM)maroon93 Wrote: im totaly agree with you, i have installed win 7 ultimate for long time and never upgrade it to higher version.. Big Grin
win 7 still my best. Big Grin

true

i not even planning to upgrade to windows 10 because

1.windows 7 is just works
2.windows 7 is much light weight
3.i dont want to get telemetery each time i press a key in my keyboard
4.since windows 8 microsoft removed the legendary classic theme and i really like classic theme . flat metro ui is great but i still prefer the good old classic theme
5.i dont need annoying cortana . i just type in google and typing is much silent than speaking
6.i can defer update completely . i mean turn off update because in windows 10 you cannot permanently disable windows update . espescially in home edition you cannot even disable windows update at all (except with third party tools)
7.my graphics card its not fully dx 12 capable
8.windows 10 free upgrade offer is end . i canot get it for free but even if i get it for free i dont want to because of another reason
10.windows 7 is still supported (even i almost never update my windows (even tough my windows is original genuine)) until 2020 i think correct me if im worng

there is no no.9 because windows 9 is not released unfortunately they just skip it to 10 and it ended up to be shit os
samsung skip the note 6 and note 7 ended up exploding
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(04-30-2017, 02:37 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: i not even planning to upgrade to windows 10 because

1.windows 7 is just works
So basically if you have a computer that has 256 MB RAM and 700 MHZ CPU, you wouldn't upgrade it because it just works?

(04-30-2017, 02:37 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: 2.windows 7 is much light weight
Same goes to Windows 10, in fact, Windows 10 is performing better than 7 in my Laptop.

(04-30-2017, 02:37 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: 3.i dont want to get telemetery each time i press a key in my keyboard
If that exists in Windows 10 then it also exists in 7, since both are Microsoft products Smile.

(04-30-2017, 02:37 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: 4.since windows 8 microsoft removed the legendary classic theme and i really like classic theme . flat metro ui is great but i still prefer the good old classic theme
You can still download themes you like in Windows 10.

(04-30-2017, 02:37 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: 5.i dont need annoying cortana . i just type in google and typing is much silent than speaking
No one is forcing you to use it, also Cortana works in both typing and voice.

(04-30-2017, 02:37 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: 6.i can defer update completely . i mean turn off update because in windows 10 you cannot permanently disable windows update . espescially in home edition you cannot even disable windows update at all (except with third party tools)
You can disable that with a registry hack, though I don't know why someone would disable Windows update, it's necessary.

I don't really like this excuses or claimed to be downsides from people just because they don't like it or can't get it, my friend, if you don't like it, that's your opinion, never a fact.
(04-30-2017, 05:45 AM)Jayce Wrote: So basically if you have a computer that has 256 MB RAM and 700 MHZ CPU, you wouldn't upgrade it because it just works?

Same goes to Windows 10, in fact, Windows 10 is performing better than 7 in my Laptop.

If that exists in Windows 10 then it also exists in 7, since both are Microsoft products Smile.

You can still download themes you like in Windows 10.

No one is forcing you to use it, also Cortana works in both typing and voice.

You can disable that with a registry hack, though I don't know why someone would disable Windows update, it's necessary.

I don't really like this excuses or claimed to be downsides from people just because they don't like it or can't get it, my friend, if you don't like it, that's your opinion, never a fact.

i will probably upgrade to windows 10 telemetery edition but not for now
just like most xp user are upgrading to newer windows
Terminal
My printer which works well with my other OS does not work with Windows 10. It's from Epson and not very old. Still, no driver support for it. Neither official nor community made. That's the only glitch I got with Windows 10 so far.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

(05-02-2017, 12:19 PM)meetdilip Wrote: My printer which works well with my other OS does not work with Windows 10. It's from Epson and not very old. Still, no driver support for it. Neither official nor community made. That's the only glitch I got with Windows 10 so far.

i think your printer is in one of windows included driver but in windows 10 microsoft removed the driver for that specific printer i think
correct me if im wrong
Terminal
I don't know for sure. I had a driver for Windows 7. It used to work fine. I downloaded it from printer company website. Now they do not offer anything for Windows 10.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

Windows 10 Is better from all Windows as i used But there is 1 problem which is not problem but people dont like they cant stop Auto-updates but updates are neccessary
Pages (11): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-29-2018, 08:34 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting