arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wordpress Editor (yoastSEO editor)
How do I change the wordpress editor? I have installed yoast seo plugin to increase the site's SEO but after editing this plugin my editor changed. How do I change my editor? Hide me in the editor option settings and don't exist.
Thanks Post4VPS
(10-20-2019, 07:59 PM)hamed Wrote: How do I change the wordpress editor? I have installed yoast seo plugin to increase the site's SEO but after editing this plugin my editor changed. How do I change my editor? Hide me in the editor option settings and don't exist.

You install a plugin called Classic Editor. And then activate it. Or if you have already got the Classic Editor, make sure that the new plugin didn't disable it, and activate it.

Sounds weird though. Confused
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
What exactly do you mean by "after editing this plugin my editor changed"? The editor should not change because of the Yoast SEO plugin. I guess you haven't updated your Wordpress blog for a while and only now you noticed they have changed the usual editor? Anyway, if that's the case you can use Classic Editor plugin as @deanhills has mentioned.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(10-21-2019, 09:42 AM)deanhills Wrote: You install a plugin called Classic Editor.  And then activate it.  Or if you have already got the Classic Editor, make sure that the new plugin didn't disable it, and activate it.  

Sounds weird though.  Confused

Before installing this plugin I had no plugins installed for the editor and could use it. Why do I need to install another plugin for the editor now?

Does this mean there are no settings in wordpress that can be used without the addition of a classic editor?
Thanks Post4VPS
they have changed the usual editor mate. now to get back your old editor, you need the plugin.

that's they way it is now.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(10-22-2019, 04:28 PM)hamed Wrote: Before installing this plugin I had no plugins installed for the editor and could use it. Why do I need to install another plugin for the editor now?

Does this mean there are no settings in wordpress that can be used without the addition of a classic editor?

You can read the explanation and step by step here.  It came up with my first Google search  Tongue

https://kb.yoast.com/kb/how-to-install-t...or-plugin/

Basically the Yoast comes with the new standard WordPress Gutenberg Editor.  And with WordPress if you don't like the Gutenberg Editor you can install the classic editor that will disable the Gutenberg Editor and revert back to the old Classic Editor.
Terminal
(10-25-2019, 01:40 PM)deanhills Wrote: You can read the explanation and step by step here.  It came up with my first Google search  Tongue

https://kb.yoast.com/kb/how-to-install-t...or-plugin/

Basically the Yoast comes with the new standard WordPress Gutenberg Editor.  And with WordPress if you don't like the Gutenberg Editor you can install the classic editor that will disable the Gutenberg Editor and revert back to the old Classic Editor.

Thanks . Does this mean that there are no settings to return to my editor without installing the plugin?
In my opinion, yoastSEO developers should apply this in their settings. Isn't it?
Thanks for your help and the rest of my friends, sorry for creating this thread I was really confused about this.
Thanks Post4VPS
(10-25-2019, 07:59 PM)hamed Wrote: Thanks . Does this mean that there are no settings to return to my editor without installing the plugin?
In my opinion, yoastSEO developers should apply this in their settings. Isn't it?
Thanks for your help and the rest of my friends, sorry for creating this thread I was really confused about this.

@hamed. As far as I see it, the WordPress up to date installation comes with Gutenberg Editor since WordPress 5.0 script. So YoastSEO developers are correctly using the current WordPress Editor, Gutenberg. It's up to you, the user, to change that if you don't want to use Gutenberg. Yoast is using the right version Editor. If you don't like the new Editor it's up to you to change it to one you want to work with instead.
Terminal

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-01-2020, 01:16 PM
Last Post: curious_dg
03-13-2019, 02:08 PM
Last Post: rudra

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting