arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wordpress Permission Problem.
(01-06-2019, 08:38 AM)Rehan Wrote: Hey Friends, I hope all of you are fine.I am facing some problem during installing plugins/theme at a wordpress site.
@Rehan.  If WordPress has been installed correctly on the command line, together with the chown command at the end, then you shouldn't have faced any of the problems - not even with the themes. It should be simple. Here are the steps I usually follow (I'm on CentOS 7), just in case others are interested as well - like WordPress should be a fast and flawless experience as that is how WordPress has been developed to install and work:

Create a database, user and WP domain folder first (I use VestaCP to do this) and then with SSH first navigate to the public_html folder of the domain you're going to be using for you WordPress installation - note your location may be different but this is my first command line:
cd /home/admin/web/domainname.net/public_html

Then install wordpress script:

wget http://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz
tar --strip-components=1 -xvf latest.tar.gz
rm latest.tar.gz
chown admin -R *

You then type the domain URL in your browser and it should immediately come up with WordPress installation login. Once the installation has been created and you're logged in everything works instantly - plugins and themes.  First thing I usually load is the All-in-one WP migration plugin so I can upload one of my WordPress backups.  I have a few themes I use, and backups for all of them. So with this plugin it helps to select a template WordPress blog with my preferred settings - i.e. I have comments disabled and all other kinds of preferences. I rarely start a WordPress blog from scratch.

Currently I'm not loading WordPress from the command line any longer because I like to find the absolutely fastest way of creating a WordPress installation.  Command line is safer of course, but I'm prepared to take a calculated risk (so far haven't ever had issues).  I use VestaCP Softaculous - I have a paid premium license for 12 US$ a year.  Installation is flawless and instant.  These days with Softaculous you don't even have to create a database and set up user permissions.  Softaculous does everything automatically and super fast - like once you've selected your domain on VestaCP and created a user and password, it generates a link to the Admin Dashboard and when you click on it you're straight into WordPress Dashboard - you don't even have to log in again. Setup is a minute or two. With the way it is set up I have no issues at all with user permissions.  When you set it up with Softaculous you can also set it up with advanced features like automatic updates, your preferred theme, etc etc - maximum functionality.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-16-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Amresh
11-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Last Post: xdude
07-16-2018, 01:36 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting