arrow_upward

Pages (6):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands
(02-19-2021, 05:57 AM)sagher Wrote: I am not lag down Xiaomi. because i am also a Fan and ex user of Xiaomi. but i have only one issue which is same for One+ phones that if your phone damaged accidently then you just exhausted to search panels, batteries, touch etc ... lack of availability. 

and the reason of handsfree. if you are a good music listener you admit it that different smartphones has different output audio Amp and db. Apple handsfree not work properly on any china phone. even samsung handsfree not provide proper output because speaker coil is exactly design and manufacture according to coming db and amp. hope you understand. and that is also a big reason that after some days or weeks the cheaper handsfree go dead.

Oh, I totally agree with you on compatibility problems but finding parts are not a problem where I live. Especially if you have a Xiaomi local agent or subsidiary. You know with since the last Apple phone you can't even replace parts with another Apple phone. You have no choice but to get it repaired by an Apple agent paying big. Also, I think lack of availability was an issue because a few years back they were not doing this better with smartphones.

But I have to say Xiaomi is still behind in few areas. I think my 10+ years old Sony Xperia has better sounds than my Redmi 9. Also, My old Samsung S4 can do better quality photos if not match the quality. That phone is 8 or more years old. I wonder if higher-end Xiaomi phones have better quality sounds and cams. Now Redmi 8 can do 4K videos but they have removed that feature from Redmi 9.  And yes MIUI and ads. That can be annoying at times. I saw few videos showing how to turn off these ads but haven't had time to check that.

And Yes Display and CPU are the 2 best features mine has and like you said most Xiaomi phones have. Plus the battery. Within 6 months my Samsung S4 started having trouble work fast with multiple apps. This is the 6th month since I have bought the Redmi 9 and I have yet to notice a single lag. It works the same as the day I have started using it. This is what I wanted and What I worried about when I went for Xiaomi medium range phone.

I was a big fan of Huawei but I felt like they are trying to higher their prices without adding much value to that. Then came their problem with US Government and I really do need Google Services for my work. So I did jump shop to Xiaomi. So far I can't say I regret it. Smile

Anyone use OPPO phones? I heard these have pretty good cameras and sounds.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(02-22-2021, 02:00 PM)xdude Wrote: Oh, I totally agree with you on compatibility problems but finding parts are not a problem where I live. Especially if you have a Xiaomi local agent or subsidiary. You know with since the last Apple phone you can't even replace parts with another Apple phone. You have no choice but to get it repaired by an Apple agent paying big. Also, I think lack of availability was an issue because a few years back they were not doing this better with smartphones.

But I have to say Xiaomi is still behind in few areas. I think my 10+ years old Sony Xperia has better sounds than my Redmi 9. Also, My old Samsung S4 can do better quality photos if not match the quality. That phone is 8 or more years old. I wonder if higher-end Xiaomi phones have better quality sounds and cams. Now Redmi 8 can do 4K videos but they have removed that feature from Redmi 9.  And yes MIUI and ads. That can be annoying at times. I saw few videos showing how to turn off these ads but haven't had time to check that.

And Yes Display and CPU are the 2 best features mine has and like you said most Xiaomi phones have. Plus the battery. Within 6 months my Samsung S4 started having trouble work fast with multiple apps. This is the 6th month since I have bought the Redmi 9 and I have yet to notice a single lag. It works the same as the day I have started using it. This is what I wanted and What I worried about when I went for Xiaomi medium range phone.

I was a big fan of Huawei but I felt like they are trying to higher their prices without adding much value to that. Then came their problem with US Government and I really do need Google Services for my work. So I did jump shop to Xiaomi. So far I can't say I regret it. Smile

Anyone use OPPO phones? I heard these have pretty good cameras and sounds.

The most basic reason of Huawei Prices is Kirin Processors. which made by Huawei. and that's why Huawei phones less Hang-up. Same as iPhones have a complete bunch of OS and Hardware. both are by Apple Inc. so made for each others means work perfectly and no need higher RAM. as iPhone has only 3GB of RAM. instead of Android OS now going to 12GB of RAM. however i try to acknowledge that when you manufacture a hardware your own and EMUI by own too. then the output is awesome and matching more solid then use a flagship CPU's. So that's why Huawei charge more because they have vast platforms or multi tasking platforms of technology not stop on phones. even routers, devices, Internet, and many many more which has offtopic so hope you understand what i wish to explain.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(02-22-2021, 02:00 PM)xdude Wrote: ...... I was a big fan of Huawei but I felt like they are trying to higher their prices without adding much value to that. Then came their problem with US Government and I really do need Google Services for my work. So I did jump shop to Xiaomi. So far I can't say I regret it. Smile

I feel the same. But now it seems the US government is also taking actions against Xiaomi.

And it is reported that recently some people cannot access to Google Services with their Xiaomi phones.

I hope the news is not true and you won't need to jump shop again. Smile

(02-23-2021, 05:06 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: I feel the same. But now it seems the US government is also taking actions against Xiaomi.

And it is reported that recently some people cannot access to Google Services with their Xiaomi phones.

I hope the news is not true and you won't need to jump shop again.  Smile

Xiaomi US government ban is for investors. It's not the same as the Huawei ban which effectively stops any US company from working with them. Still, their Google problem only affects the new phones. Old Huawei phones which released before 2020 can use Google's store without a problem. So I don't think this accessing problem has anything to do with the US ban.

@sagher

Yes. That's probably a reason but not all their phones come with Kirin chipset.
Huawei Y6P is the phone initially I was going to buy. But It doesn't have Google Play Store. So I had to look for the next best thing which's Xiaomi Redmi 9. Price Wise and also Specs Wise. But Redmi 9 was newer and a bit cheaper. Specs-wise better since Y6P had no Gorilla Glass, Lesser resolution, etc. Both have Mediatek Helio chipsets.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Pages (6):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting