arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
be careful with your ryzen
i read a news on the reliable tomshardware site that says some x570 boards may have features that reports reduced measures of some motherboard parameters (power consumption )to the processor and as a result, the processor gets boosted thorough automatic performance scaling algorithms causing even higher performance and resultant power consumption even in stock processor settings.
but the downside is more power to the cpu results in more heat that is gonna kill it faster. So be careful. here is the link..

https://www.tomshardware.com/amp/news/ry...u-lifespan

apparently, Intel had always endorsed motherboard manufacturers setting their own customised power consumption parameters to differentiate their motherboards / products. but this is not something AMD permits. it is the motherboard manufacturers.

result being, you get both the performance and penalty of overclocking even in stock settings and without knowing about it.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Honestly with a proper cooling system (preferably a good quality water cooling system), you won’t have to worry much about thermals.

And in all honesty, you should occasionally monitor your thermals to ensure several things:

1) that the cooling system you use is actually able to cope with your CPU and workload (if not, then that’s a very obvious indication that you should really upgrade your cooling system).

2) to ensure that the cooling capacity of your system hasn’t degraded. If so, you definitely need to clean up your pc to improve airflow! Dust accumulation is a thing, and it will reduce the airflow! This might also be an indication that something might be wrong, such as a fan failing, water pump failing, etc...

But from experience, the 3900X and 3950X CPUs seem to run at a comfortable temperature (provided that you use a cooling system that’s actually suited for your CPU/workload... but this honestly applies to all CPUs)
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
It basically should not happen even in stock processor settings. Sounds quite scaring for those ryzen x570 board users.

It is said it seems the manufacturer just focuses on performance and starts to ignore all the other side effects that may arise.

i read some online articles. reputed ones. i mean mainstream ones.

so i read at least one opinion piece where the advice was that we were at more risk during the switch on off than from this. he says that given the decreasing power consumption due to nm scale and all the other measures in chip, one need not worry about molecules getting pushed away from their normal lattice position due to increase in energy flow ( more energetic electrons) and thus getting increased resistance. not much risk of that from these shenanigans by the board manufacturers.

and good cooler always helps. stable thermal gradient is the key.

so may be it is ok. but personally i don't dream about overlooking. i simply don't. i like my silicon buddys growing old with me.

also i believe that kind of couple of percent increase will be effective for and sought after by people who work at that level and have money to burn. good for them.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-17-2017, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Vuluts

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting