arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eCommerce with Wordpress
It is no secret that I am a big fan of Wordpress, due to its large plugin library and as a business owner, it allows for me to easily expand my empire with eCommerce solutions that anyone can take advantage of. This guide will help you get your eCommerce platform setup for Wordpress and on your way to selling merch and services through your online presence. All of the plugins I provide in the tutorial are trusted and provided through the Wordpress Plugin Explorer.

Goal:
The goal of this tutorial is to help you setup WooCommerce for Wordpress allowing you to get started with integrating eCommerce into your website. WooCommerce allows for you to provide physical and digital goods with a wide range of integrations from 3rd Party Developers giving you the ability to build your brand and business.

Plugins needed:
- WooCommerce
- PayPal WooCommerce Checkout Gateway
- WooCommerce Shipping & Tax
- WooCommerce Stripe Gateway (optional)
- Route App (optional)
- Printful Integration for WooCommerce (optional)

The Process:
1. When starting to venture into eCommerce, you first need to layout your plan. Are you going to sell Merchandising including apparel, prints or even furniture or will you be selling digital goods and services. There are several avenues you can experiment with when beginning this process on both sides, with physical goods making up a large percent of the eCommerce market. If looking at physical goods, the optional plugin of Printful Integration for WooCommerce would be a great tool for you, especially if you do not have the capital, space or time to build product inventory. We will get into drop shipping companies later on in the tutorial and installing the plugin is very easy.

2. Begin installing the WooCommerce Plugin. Once the plugin is installed, activate it and it will automatically take you through the setup process. The setup process will include inputing your business location and even if you plan on selling digital or physical goods. With TBDC, we are currently only selling physical goods, but I plan on setting up an Envato-esque selection of products including custom Wordpress themes, HTML5/AngularJS themes and even UI Packs for iOS and Android Developers. 

3. Once you have setup WooCommerce you can begin to install your payment gateway(s). PayPal will allow for you to easily accept credit, debit, installment and e-check payments with a few clicks of a button and signing into your PayPal account. The plugin comes with great documentation for support on getting everything to mesh well. With Stripe, you will be able to accept credit and debit card transactions and the dashboard will allow for you to accept ApplePay and GooglePay so your customers can check out with even more security. Stripe will take a nominal 2.5% off the top of your transactions, but they also provide powerful tools with their backend that can allow for you to refund payments with ease.

4. If you are setting up your store for physical goods, you will then want to set up WooCommerce Shipping and Tax and your integration into Printful which is a drop printing and shipping company. They allow for you to create and design artwork for merch and apply it to a wide selection of products. Orders are placed through your store then fulfilled by Printful and shipped out within 1-3 business days to customers across the globe, you are able to set your profit margins which is helpful for funding future projects and even upgrade your plugins to premium versions which provide a large range of services and customizations for your store. WooCommerce's Shipping and Tax plugin will allow for you to dynamically charge tax for orders based on the customer's locale and will help manage shipping labels all in your Wordpress Admin Dashboard. This plugin is also great for collecting tax on digital goods that way you are collecting tax based on your local and the customer's locale laws.

5. Add products and services! If you are using Printful, when you publish an item it will automatically sync to your storefront which is another great feature of the platform! If you are providing a digital service or good, make sure to set your store to test mode using the PayPal integration and Stripe integration settings to test how transactions work to ensure they will work for your customers.

There you go! eCommerce on Wordpress is as simple as adding a few plugins and registering for your accounts with PayPal and Stripe. If you have further questions or ideas please feel free to let me know down below and I will assist you as best as I can. Happy selling!

If you wish to sign up for Printful's services, you can use my affiliate link by clicking here. If you wish to register with Prinful and forego the affiliate process, please use this link! FTC Notice: I will receive a small commission when a new Painful user logs in and makes their first sale. This commission helps to fund future TBDC projects and upkeep of various products used.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
@tbelldesignco Great and valuable reference tutorial, thanks for posting it. Cool

One of the challenges for those not living in the US or in Europe or Australia is the Payment Gateway. For example Stripe is not found in all countries of the world. As far as I know with PayPal there are also issues in some of the countries.

Do you know off the top of your head of any alternatives to PayPal and Stripe?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(01-15-2021, 09:13 AM)deanhills Wrote: @tbelldesignco  Great and valuable reference tutorial, thanks for posting it.  Cool

One of the challenges for those not living in the US or in Europe or Australia is the Payment Gateway.  For example Stripe is not found in all countries of the world.  As far as I know with PayPal there are also issues in some of the countries.

Do you know off the top of your head of any alternatives to PayPal and Stripe?

Good question!! There are payment gateways for Worldpay which I set up for a client in the UK and they have had amazing luck with it, I also know Amazon Pay is a great option too. I can do a little more research and provide an addendum to my initial post with global payment options.
(01-15-2021, 09:13 AM)deanhills Wrote: Do you know off the top of your head of any alternatives to PayPal and Stripe?

One payment option that I think every country allow is cryptocurrencies. This also allow people (like me) that doesn't have credit card and cannot pay with Paypal. I can get cryptocurrencies by transferring money to Luno and use it to pay, easy. Just need to be 18+ tho since they need to verify user's data (no money laundering policy).

If it's still not possible you may want to get as many as payment option available for each country. But since it's very hard to do, you can just select what country you want to target as your customers.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(01-16-2021, 05:04 AM)tiwil Wrote: One payment option that I think every country allow is cryptocurrencies.....

Paying with cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin is indeed the best solution for countries that PayPal or Stripe does not work well.

But I guess that many Wordpress site owners may not know how to set up plugin with WooCommerce for accepting cryptocurrencies payments.

So it would be great if you or someone else would post a tutorial about it here on Post4VPS. Smile

(01-17-2021, 09:47 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Paying with cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin is indeed the best solution for countries that PayPal or Stripe does not work well.

But I guess that many Wordpress site owners may not know how to set up plugin with WooCommerce for accepting cryptocurrencies payments.

So it would be great if you or someone else would post a tutorial about it here on Post4VPS. Smile

I will see what I can find in way of a plugin for that, if not I will see if there are is a reliable API I could use to build a plugin for WooCommerce.
(01-17-2021, 02:58 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: I will see what I can find in way of a plugin for that, if not I will see if there are is a reliable API I could use to build a plugin for WooCommerce.

I believe all sellers that allow cryptocurrencies has to manually check, no? Well, if there is no plugin available then manual check is fine. I never touched WooCommerce but the idea is to add new payment option but then the payment shouldn't automatically verified.

That should be totally fine tho.
(01-18-2021, 01:34 PM)tiwil Wrote: I believe all sellers that allow cryptocurrencies has to manually check, no? Well, if there is no plugin available then manual check is fine. I never touched WooCommerce but the idea is to add new payment option but then the payment shouldn't automatically verified.

That should be totally fine tho.

I am not sure hoy crypto works, it's not really something that I've ventured into. However, I did find a solution for integration. Crypto.com has an integration for Wordpress/WooCommerce amongst other eCommerce platforms. You can learn more about it here.
(01-18-2021, 02:48 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: I am not sure hoy crypto works, it's not really something that I've ventured into. However, I did find a solution for integration. Crypto.com has an integration for Wordpress/WooCommerce amongst other eCommerce platforms. You can learn more about it here.

Well crypto transfer works like normal bank transfer. You can see the transaction history and match up with the order displayed in your dashboard. I don't know if it's possible to leave a comment during transfer, if cannot then we can do "unique" number so nobody will send the same exact money.

Anyway about that Crypto.com website, I cannot find any fees during payment that showed in their website. Have u find one or it's totally free?
(01-19-2021, 09:41 AM)tiwil Wrote: Well crypto transfer works like normal bank transfer. You can see the transaction history and match up with the order displayed in your dashboard. I don't know if it's possible to leave a comment during transfer, if cannot then we can do "unique" number so nobody will send the same exact money.

Anyway about that Crypto.com website, I cannot find any fees during payment that showed in their website. Have u find one or it's totally free?

Per their F.A.Q. (https://help.crypto.com/en/articles/4382...to-com-pay) if you are using Crypto.com Wallet there will not be a fee associated with the customer or the vendor. So it seems that this would be a fully qualified solution and even better than Stripe, PayPal, Amazon Pay or WorldPay who all charge a nominal fee for using their processing services.
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting