arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there anyway to find someone's wifi password?
Hey Friends, I hope you are all good.I was very proud that i have a secured wifi connection.So i bet a friend today to hack my wifi password.I don't know how the hell he found my wifi password.He told me he already have hacked many Wifi Connections but i still disbelieve.So i thought i should ask my friends if there is any way to find wifi password with apps.He found my password on his android device.
I am wondering how the hell is it possible.I don't know if there is any local apk  in google search.But i tried all of these type of apps from Google Play Store.But all of those were fail.He made me thinking deeply, the new user found my password while i am unable to find an old legend. Big Grin

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
it is usually done in one of two ways. it either fakes as the hotspot you are trying to connect to and captures the pass or it uses bruteforce to crack directly. he might have nethunter kernel setup on his device .

you can run kali linux on your system you know. some devices support putting wifi card in monitor mode too. thats all they need. there are multiple apps to do all these eve on an android phone. but not on playstore.
you could check his kernel and apps to findout more.

Did you have wpa2 or wep ?
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
If you are using WPS or keybased wifi security then the chances are pretty high for your wifi being compromised inshort WPS have a lots vulnerabilities built in so if you choosing WPS i would suggest you to update it WPA2-PSK or atleast WPA with WPS disabled. I've seen many users choosing WPA2-PSK over WPS because its hard to crackdown if you got yourself a pretty good algorithm to work with.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
@Rehan In what device does he used to hack your wifi? Actually there are lots of ways to hack a wifi maybe he used KALI LINUX as this OS usually used for penetration.
(12-02-2018, 09:02 PM)Vuluts Wrote: @Rehan In what device does he used to hack your wifi? Actually there are lots of ways to hack a wifi maybe he used KALI LINUX as this OS usually used for penetration.

I don't know what he used.He used his mobile for 5 minutes and than said to me to reset my saved password and let him enter the password.

(12-02-2018, 02:03 PM)TrK Wrote: If you are using WPS or keybased wifi security then the chances are pretty high for your wifi being compromised  inshort WPS have a lots vulnerabilities built in so if you choosing WPS i would suggest you to update it WPA2-PSK or atleast WPA with WPS disabled. I've seen many users choosing WPA2-PSK over WPS because its hard to crackdown if you got yourself a pretty good algorithm to work with.

Yep! you are right using the MAC Filter is a way to protect the device.I have already enabled it.btw i am shocked how the hell he found password.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
(12-03-2018, 12:20 PM)Rehan Wrote: i am shocked how the hell he found password.

I know how to do it as i hapenned to be a security analyst in my school days for my teacher(he was like a guy who always loved to have good laugh whenever he game a project related to computer security, he even told me to not use any antivirus instead he just plainly said if you are that good when compared to me why you need an antivirus, so i end up not using any antivirus), if i were that guy i will use a root method to constantly send of random WPS keys with bruteforce attack. I have been using WPS WPA tester to check the vulnerabilities for my current clients who whish to have a flawless secured wifi i also setup their wifi to use quad9 as their primary DNS resolver for their safety. So i guess he was using WPS WPA tester or something like that my opinion is that it is illegal to use without the wifi owner's permission i mean i do use it to check the vulnerabilities on the go but these are all in the safe zone and legally done in the front of my client.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
Have you people been living behind the moon in the past few years? There are some very serious flaws in millions of routers that are most likely never going to be fixed due to lack of firmware upates, incompetent companies and developers, lazy users and etc. And one flaw is such a easy toy to get access to WiFi...

https://www.krackattacks.com/

Take this as an example... the video on that page literally just mocks Android instantly... So many phones out there that will never get this fixed.
I spoke to the devil in Miami, he said everything would be fine.
(12-03-2018, 03:20 PM)NomadicSingularityArray Wrote: Have you people been living behind the moon in the past few years? There are some very serious flaws in millions of routers that are most likely never going to be fixed due to lack of firmware upates, incompetent companies and developers, lazy users and etc. And one flaw is such a easy toy to get access to WiFi...

https://www.krackattacks.com/

Take this as an example... the video on that page literally just mocks Android instantly... So many phones out there that will never get this fixed.

Thanks for that link - WOW! - what an eye opener that is.

BTW not all users are lazy users. They're uninformed users, paying their ISP for X service and expecting it to be secure. The info you provided is a great eye opener.

If I may ask, how do you secure your computer hardware and phones against WiFi attack? Also, how would one know if someone has managed to gain access to one's WiFi?

While we're also on the topic. When I check available networks on my laptop and desktop - is there a way one can get it not to list one's WiFi ID? Like mask it so it's invisible and unlisted?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-05-2019, 04:45 PM
Last Post: deanhills
07-26-2017, 08:03 AM
Last Post: perry

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting