arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
microLXC Public Test
6e83-2413-45f9-0ec0

replying as you said. Let's see what you got there.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
(01-24-2021, 10:23 AM)fChk Wrote: @Neoon

My  container exits every 2/3 days and I must login to start it again. Is it a memory issue ?..

Check your log files if you run out of memory, if you do, the process gets killed.
There is not such thing as container exits's just the process that eats to much memory gets killed.
(01-24-2021, 03:50 PM)Neoon Wrote: There is not such thing as container exits's just the process that eats to much memory gets killed.
I'm aware of the existence of Linux OOM (Out Of Memory) killer., the word 'exit' was used euphemistically.. Thanks anyway!

(01-24-2021, 03:50 PM)Neoon Wrote: Check your log files if you run out of memory, if you do, the process gets killed.
Up till now, didn't have time to troubleshoot the problem. I will persist the logs between reboots to see if I can pinpoint any memory problem that may have triggered the host-level kill... We'll see!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(01-22-2021, 11:04 AM)Neoon Wrote: Compiling stuff on 256MB may likely not work, if the location does not matter, we got Norway with 512MB.
Otherwise, the project is focused on exotic locations, hence low memory.

And most recent distros are using 3.7 anyway, would be the way to go as you said.

Yep, it's all perfect. I just need to have Python 3.6 or newer installed and I'm good to go. My scripts is running every single day without failing which is fantastic. I always know your VPS is fantastic Big Grin
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(01-24-2021, 05:34 PM)fChk Wrote: Up till now, didn't have time to troubleshoot the problem. I will persist the logs between reboots to see if I can pinpoint any memory problem that may have triggered the host-level kill... We'll see!

Okay!.. since I persisted the logs, my LXD/lxc container is still up and running, some 25 days 14 hours later.

I think that was it; it was the logs that were kept in memory that were responsible for the OOM issue. Thus anyone else out there hitting the same problem has to check for the logs location first!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Hi, I'm changing devices to another device and couldn't connect to the server I used. I suspect that the new public key I added in the portal doesn't recognized by the VPS. Any idea how to fix this?
(03-01-2021, 01:40 AM)tiwil Wrote: Hi, I'm changing devices to another device and couldn't connect to the server I used. I suspect that the new public key I added in the portal doesn't recognized by the VPS. Any idea how to fix this?

Hey,

Updating the public key in the panel won't reflect on already existing containers.
Means you need your old key to connect to this machine and update it by hand.

Neoon.
(03-03-2021, 10:28 AM)Neoon Wrote: Hey,

Updating the public key in the panel won't reflect on already existing containers.
Means you need your old key to connect to this machine and update it by hand.

Neoon.

Ow shit. I thought public key in panel works since I changed it one time and it works. I don't see any VNC option nor have access to my old laptop (already destroyed), any idea how I can get it without being need to terminate and build a new one? No rush, all is working automatically inside, just want to add some things.
(03-03-2021, 02:05 PM)tiwil Wrote: Ow shit. I thought public key in panel works since I changed it one time and it works. I don't see any VNC option nor have access to my old laptop (already destroyed), any idea how I can get it without being need to terminate and build a new one? No rush, all is working automatically inside, just want to add some things.

The Panel follows a different path than Virtualizor or SolusVM, means, it won't touch any files or whatsoever after you created the container.
Including network, publickey....

If you update the public key and create a new container it will be created with this public key right, you can always update it via ssh.
In your case there is currently no other option than reinstall.

There will be options in the future, to sync the public key with one click, same as restore the network configuration including getting a serial session.
(03-03-2021, 02:57 PM)Neoon Wrote: The Panel follows a different path than Virtualizor or SolusVM, means, it won't touch any files or whatsoever after you created the container.
Including network, publickey....

If you update the public key and create a new container it will be created with this public key right, you can always update it via ssh.
In your case there is currently no other option than reinstall.

There will be options in the future, to sync the public key with one click, same as restore the network configuration including getting a serial session.

So no option to set the public key on my case? Well I think I have to reinstall it then. Will reinstall it take the public key in panel or it will use the old one?
All inside is automated right now so probably will reinstall later on.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting