arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
myBB Forum issue - anyone come across this - is it a bootstrap issue?
This has happened to me at a myBB Forum of which I've been a member since 2013.  This is a first experience with this issue.  The Forum is using Bootstrap so as to make it mobile friendly.  I've been accessing the Forum after a redesign using Bootstrap successfully for a couple or more years with no issues at all.

The Forum is attached to a Website.  When the problem happened, I was perfectly OK with downloading the pages of the Website, but when I tried to access the Forum, all of the Forums were crunched up Forum by Forum running down vertically in a 3 inch column on the left hand most side of the page.  The User Login was squeezed up in the right hand side of the page. And the middle section and below the login section was blank. I could barely log in as it took ages to load, and was unable to work with the Forum.

It happened a week ago, and then the next morning everything was OK again.  Then last night it happened again - exactly the same thing. Today I was again able to access the Forum normally.

I seem to be the only one who reported this so far. Hasn't happened to everyone else yet - or problem has been unreported so far except for me.  I used different browsers and the problem showed up exactly the same in all of the browsers. So it is not browser specific.

Anyone come across an issue like this before?  Is it a Bootstrap issue. I don't know much about Bootstrap - Googled the issue and nothing came up - however I could have used the wrong search words. Is there an explanation for it and maybe a remedy?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Is your server and network okay while the problem occurs? May be some temporary loading issue due to server load or slow network, if you have a snapshot it may be better to understand the problem.

Thank you  Sweet

Thanks @Littlemaster, next time it happens I'll take a screenshot of it and post it to this thread.

You may be right about the server. It's very fast, but I've been in Dubai using a different server. Excellent ADSL with great speed, but I've been having another issue with Forum post spacing as well. Like when I submit a post, all of the spacing in between the paragraphs are gone. It's going to be interesting when I'm back in South Africa with my regular desktop, to see whether that will have been corrected.
Terminal
Do you have any screenshots? Maybe your internet is used / hacked by another neighbors so you can't browse faster?
(05-11-2018, 07:51 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: Do you have any screenshots? Maybe your internet is used / hacked by another neighbors so you can't browse faster?

I post to a number of myBB Forums and nothing like that has happened with any of them.  Only with the one Forum.  But "yes" I should get a screenshot if it ever happens again.  So far so good though.  It has only happened twice so far.  If it's the server I'm at right now, maybe it won't happen again.  Time will tell.
Terminal

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
02-29-2020, 05:14 PM
Last Post: xdude

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting