arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 18 - Lagging issues
Hello Everyone.
i am hosting a game server on my vps on a game called wolfenstein: Enemy territory and in the last 2 days the ping is always high for the players. i have tried to change config or delete bots to see if there is any change but the ping stays high and i dont know what is happening.
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
Try using speedtest CLI to see if your VPS network speed is at par with normal speed or not.

Also, you might wanna use the "top" command to check how much load the game server is actually consuming. Usually this isn't a possibility but in event that the gameserver overloads your VPS it'll have an effect on performance (and for that matter network also) for sure.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Where are your friends playing from? Is it the same location as yours or a different country. Also personally I have noticed that network routing can also effect latency, After that, maybe you can ask your friends to directly ping ur server, if they get lower latency there it might be a game server issue then
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Its normal to have lagg in VPS 18 as the VPS 18 CPU is very weak and also their connection speed is not stable which causes ping spikes.
thank you for your kind responds. i have barley time to work on that so i will try your solutions.
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Last Post: TrK

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting