arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with installing myvestacp
Moved from VPS Control Panel Comparisons Discussion.  @sagherLEASE open a new support topic instead of gatecrashing an existing discussion with support questions.  For support please submit support request in support forums.

May I also suggest that @sagher looks at the myvestacp.com support forum, as it is dedicated to Debian OS users of the script:
https://forum.myvestacp.com/

@deanhills

(04-06-2021, 09:20 PM)deanhills Wrote: @xdude can advise as he's been trying to install CyberPanel on VPS 9, and has been unsuccessful so far.  

I've been using VestaCP since the day I started with VPS 9 in 2018. It's still working great, but I can't recommend it as the original script has not been updated since January of last year. Why I like VestaCP is because of how light and fast it is.  You need very few specs to run the panel.

@sohamb03 who also has VPS 9 has been using a fork of VestaCP (from Belgium) very successfully but with CentOS 7.  So if you are interested to use his fork of VestaCP, you will have to change to CentOS 7.

If you want to try VestaCP for Debian specifically, there is another VestaCP fork that is fully up to date that has been created for specific use with Debian. You can check it out here:

https://myvestacp.com/

How to install
Download the installation script:

curl -O http://c.myvestacp.com/vst-install-debian.sh
Then run it:

bash vst-install-debian.sh

Source: https://myvestacp.com/#details

I got following error while installing package. 

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 exim4-daemon-heavy : Depends: libmariadbclient18 (>= 10.1.44-0+deb9u1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Error: apt-get install failed
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
@sagher you can manually install the missing dependency "libmariadbclient18" and retry the cyberpanel installation to see if it's working or not. Feel free to post other errors(if encountered any).

@deanhills i am also considered a fair centOS user but but using debian is same as just missing some top of the line packages including but not limited to keyhelp, tinycp, wordops, and many more whenever i need to test out these things i just always spin up a debian VM locally and count me impressed debian devs are as much as awesome as centOS devs. Also if i am not wrong debian is really secure and production friendly with release scedule and self sufficient environment and all, just image if debian was owned by privately held comapny like Redhat for example they would have commercial love(they still do have but not as much as RHEL recieves for support). Debian is a great choice if you are thinking of moving away from centOS.

Regards
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
@TrK  i try many ways to fix it but error at every side. will you please guide me or upload here this file manually?
i unable to find this dependency for debian for manual installation

I check my source.list because i smell it should be some error in list. i make it default. 
manually remove all directories of phpmyadmin , mysql because useless for long time. 
clean server 
autoremove for unwanted programs. 

now run this command

bash vst-install-debian.sh

and it will go long and long so i feel happy that it will done today.. but at the end. 

invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart.
Errors were encountered while processing:
 mariadb-server-10.1
 default-mysql-server
 mysql-server
 spamassassin
 sa-compile
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Error: apt-get install failed

sudo dpkg ––configure –a
sudo: unable to resolve host kvm-xxxx-xxxx    (VPS-9 Host)
dpkg: error: need an action option

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages
[*];
Use 'apt' or 'aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;

Options marked
[*]produce a lot of output - pipe it through 'less' or 'more' !

Installation will take about 15 minutes ...

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
5 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up spamassassin (3.4.2-1~deb9u4) ...
gpg: error writing to '/var/lib/spamassassin/sa-update-keys/.#lk0x000055f1da875960.kvm-Post2Host-LosAngeles.975': No space left on device
gpg: keyblock resource '/var/lib/spamassassin/sa-update-keys/pubring.kbx': No space left on device
gpg: no writable keyring found: Not found
gpg: error reading '/usr/share/spamassassin/GPG.KEY': General error
gpg: import from '/usr/share/spamassassin/GPG.KEY' failed: General error
gpg: process '/usr/bin/gpg --homedir='/var/lib/spamassassin/sa-update-keys' --batch --no-tty --status-fd=1 -q --logger-fd=1 --import' finished: exit 2
dpkg: error processing package spamassassin (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of sa-compile:
 sa-compile depends on spamassassin; however:
  Package spamassassin is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package sa-compile (--configure):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Setting up mariadb-server-10.1 (10.1.48-0+deb9u2) ...
dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server-10.1 (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of default-mysql-server:
 default-mysql-server depends on mariadb-server-10.1; however:
  Package mariadb-server-10.1 is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package default-mysql-server (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mysql-server:
 mysql-server depends on default-mysql-server; however:
  Package default-mysql-server is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package mysql-server (--configure):
Errors were encountered while processing:
 spamassassin
 sa-compile
 mariadb-server-10.1
 default-mysql-server
 mysql-server
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Error: apt-get upgrade failed

[*]
hmm instesting, @sagher can you check if you are able to download any files in your VM as if the error "no space left on device" is true that means the physical drive(s) are running out of space. Also did you tried it with a fresh installation? if not i will first recommend doing so and if failed feel free to ask dean to assign the issue to me i will gladly take a look on that when i am free.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(04-09-2021, 07:31 PM)TrK Wrote: hmm instesting, @sagher can you check if you are able to download any files in your VM as if the error "no space left on device" is true that means the physical drive(s) are running out of space. Also did you tried it with a fresh installation? if not i will first recommend doing so and if failed feel free to ask dean to assign the issue to me i will gladly take a look on that when i am free.

As you see in my previous post too. many times this error recorded . 

[color=#777777][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]gpg: error writing to '/var/lib/spamassassin/sa-update-keys/.#lk0x000055f1da875960.kvm-Post2Host-LosAngeles.975': No space left on device[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#777777][size=small][font=Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace]gpg: keyblock resource '/var/lib/spamassassin/sa-update-keys/pubring.kbx': No space left on device[/font][/size][/color]
Bud you have run out of disk space on your disk or the partition where the directory is. Check your disk space usage (use df -h command). It is also possible that even though it may say you have free disk space there is still an issue with storage (possible things: run out of inodes, oversold storage on host node, etc...).
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(04-10-2021, 07:21 AM)Mashiro Wrote: Bud you have run out of disk space on your disk or the partition where the directory is. Check your disk space usage (use df -h command). It is also possible that even though it may say you have free disk space there is still an issue with storage (possible things: run out of inodes, oversold storage on host node, etc...).

It's a known issue and I'm amazed to see it hasn't been fixed till now; see here:
https://post4vps.com/Thread-Virmach-VPS-...5#pid39685
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
If there is a space issue, the correct way to solve the issue is for @sagher to make a request in the VPS Support Forum, which t @sagher has done a couple or more posts ago.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I am Stuck here. how to get out from it with correct configuration ? 

***** PROBLEM: Hostname kvm-Post2Host-LosAngeles.example.com is not pointing to your server (IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
Without pointing your hostname to your IP, LetsEncrypt SSL will not be generated for your server hostname.
Try to setup an A record in your DNS, pointing your hostname kvm-Post2Host-LosAngeles.example.com to IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and then press ENTER.
(or register ns1.kvm-Post2Host-LosAngeles.example.com and ns2.kvm-Post2Host-LosAngeles.example.com as DNS Nameservers and put those Nameservers on kvm-Post2Host-LosAngeles.example.com domain)
If we detect that hostname is still not pointing to your IP, installer will not add LetsEncrypt SSL certificate to your hosting panel (unsigned SSL will be used instead).
@sagher

The error / warning message is pretty clear (at least in my humble opinion).

The installer tries to create a Let's Encrypt TLS certificate for your server based on the hostname of your server. The hostname of or your server is however a hostname that doesn't exist as a real domain or if it exists it is not pointed to the IP address of your VPS.

The best way to fix this would be to change the hostname of your VPS to a domain that you own and that is pointed to the IP address of your VPS. Or otherwise accept that a self signed TLS certificate will be used.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-25-2020, 05:34 PM
Last Post: OldMeister
02-13-2020, 09:50 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting