arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please stop saying or thinking that Chinese are more into exotic or uncooked food
hi everyone,

It pains me to see so many apparently educated, or should i say with certificates of education, persons say worthless things. in spite of such long and stellar history of critical thinking by humans, we still seem to lack it mostly.

To us, education is a step to employment and money. it's all good. but the primary aim of good education should be to help you think critically. not teach you what to think. and there we have failed miserably, at most of the places on Earth.

So it is no different when people try to explain how this new virus causing this epidemic came to being and blame china.

why it didn't come from india or any other place but China ! and then they launch themselves into all sorts of horrible stories of how Chinese people eat this and that.

please read this post on quora if you seek truth and  enlightenment. thanks...

food

also there are many other examples of communities eating raw or horrible looking food regularly..

they eat raw Caribou and its blood too. they eat fresh dog vomit. they eat spoiled egg....they eat....well

seek knowledge, please. not biased views.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
I love half-cooked fish meat and raw eggs!
With soy sauce!
It tastes very delicious!

And btw, this problem has been around for a long time!
Even my own mother said they they eat food that is very repulsive and not fresh!
And I do not care!

Why is a thread on this issue just created now?
Terminal
Solo Developer
Well, it all depends on the culture of the speaker and the culture of argumentation.
From my prospective, as a Italian, China food culture is just horrible: the way they store/keep/sell food is unhealthy, the way the get their "food" is horrible too.
Their culture believe on magic benefits from various animal parts and that BOOSTS the black market.
Do you know how many pangolin dies due to Pangolin Trade?
There is a famous photo of a happy chinese buying BLODDY scales, do you think that poor animal gave up its own skin happily?
The way that threat the animal is also horrible.
We can still list:
  • Tiger bone wine
  • Crocodiles meat
  • Bats
  • Do a simple search about illegal animal trading around the china
I don't want to say that it is only china that does this horrible practice, but on that country it is so normal that such trades are being done on open markets!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(04-19-2020, 12:36 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: Why is a thread on this issue just created now?

because I'm literally exhausted from arguing with people that it is not just the despicable food habit ( to me and you) that is responsible for this pandemic. we may have such food practices (to them or others) in our own country or locality. also it is not as normal or rampant as people would have you believe. A common Chinese have normal food habits that have been part of their culture for centuries.

demonisation of Chinese or other people or other ethnic group and xenophobia in general is becoming a huge problem.

Just look at your own people and backyard for weird customs and foods before pointing at others. it is there in every culture and in every land.

Just look at how the ideas of globalisation were first used by the developed Western countries. or say unbridled use of oil. now that they have used enough and have the benefits, they want the whole world to suddenly care for environment !!

dude, pay for all the damages you have already done and use that to repair, before you try to force others.

same with atomic bombs. I will have it and you must not.

@LightDestory

just search weird foods in Italy and you can have your fill.

i also don't get it. why the fk so many so concerned about animals when there are literally millions of humans being trafficked, abused, sold drugs to, in poor condition, don't have enough food everyday, let alone have enough education, don't have proper livelihoods, unemployment all over the world. Solve that first, starting from your own place, before booing others.

people have to understand that thousands of years ago, when the rest of the world was still in dark ages, culturally, china was a very progressive and enlightened place and they have kept that light burning on most fronts, still. In spite of foreign invasion and efforts to disrupt, directly and indirectly. Just arguing that my problems are nothing compared to yours and so i will not correct them and do whatever the hk i wish is wrong. start around your home first. when you have found ways to solve all your own issues, only then should you spend time attempting to instruct others How to solve their.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
I think Japanese people eat most of their food raw or half cooked. I remember seeing a video of some guys eating those small live fish right out of a fish bowl with chops sticks, after dipping them in a some sauce. For some reason I could never made my mind to eat sushi even though not all sushi are raw.

Where I live, intestines of some big fish are a quite popular for making some spicy dishes. My Thai friends quite amazing when they see we throw away Chicken feet. It seems Chicken feet is quite delicacy in some countries.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

In my opinion, where ever it is, bad eating habits need to be avoided. I saw a video on YouTube about the Wuhan market. I will link it here. People are buying things from such a dirty place full of blood of killed animals. It is too cruel too.
https://youtu.be/0V7fyjaFOwQ
I am not saying China's food habit is bad. But some areas are too horrible. This kind of activities will spread Viruses and other illnesses from different species to other. It is dangerous. Watch the video and tell whether Quora's one post is greater than this real life example.

Thank you  Sweet

Ok! I'll bite...

@rudra

China bashing is a US strategy to discredit China's rising power worldwide. It started a long-time ago and will only continue as China's assertive attitude mounts.

Everywhere and every-time China's credibility can be rhetorically targeted with good/bad arguments, then brace yourself to hair it from the 'Usual Suspects'...

It's about the shifting Geopolitics of today's world, where a super-power is declining and the new challenger(s) become more assertive...

The COVID-19 pandemic is just another excuse in the bigger picture of things at criticizing China. To anyone who is paying attention, the real culprit of the pandemic is the Globalization project, which is a by-product of the Neoliberal order implemented coercively by the WEST(/US + the global capitalist class) via the International monetary institutions to strip-naked every once-sovereign Nations into submission to the Capital dictat.

For a serious case against the conspiracy theorists for SARS-CoV2, I've already posted a research article in another thread on this, and here is a testimony from a researcher who worked closely with the Wuhan Lab:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x_pIgvDLcg

The thing is that we live in a very strange globalized World, where Money/Profit has the upper-hand over People--says the Neoliberal order!!.. So, it's no wonder if a tiny retrovirus/SARS-CoV2 wreak havocs in such a fragile neoliberal societies.

Just don't expect the politicians to point at this ultimate origin of the problem, they have been busy implementing it for 4/5 decades (conscientiously or not.)

Blaming other people's culture norm is low-end talks(/ a distraction) designed to keep people buzzy at throwing mud to each other...

The Problem is that there are thousands of CoVs that are just waiting to jump the species barrier.. like the SARS-1 and the latest SARS-2 and... who knows .. -3 -4 -5 etc...

Retroviruses vaccine are short-lived. This is another problem that we'll have to face. Just like your yearly common cold shot. This is because of the high-mutability of the retroviruses class in general and the CoVs in particular.

Note:
1- A retrovirus is a virus with an RNA genome. A single-strand RNA virus (like the CoVs) is more mutable than a double stranded one (like the AIDS virus.)
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(04-19-2020, 05:44 PM)Littlemaster Wrote: ... Watch the video and tell whether Quora's one post is greater than this real life example.

suppose you saw a video on YouTube where all the Australians were with beard. Does that mean all Australians have heard ?!

critical thinking...man ! that is not...

it is not about one YouTube video vs one quora post.

Either or both of them may be fake or may have faulty logic.

do you know how powerful and big FOX news is ? Just how many people watch their programs and believe them ? But they and similar news networks are one of the biggest fake news peddling racket of our times. Just read about how they misled their own viewers KNOWINGLY about this corona virus. even now they are claiming that whatever they said or did was protected by constitutional rights. just imagine !!

do you know who Alan Dershovitz is ? and about some of his good and famous deeds ? but even that guy has said and done many horrible things, some of them not so secretly.

so critical thinking is this power to think about things in every possible way so you can attempt to decide YOURSELF the true nature of things, no matter who says what.

it is not about quora vs YouTube. And certainly not about conclusions from one video.

@fChk

awesome, man !! as they say, things worth learning can't be taught.
also, where it would be most worthwhile to teach, it becomes very impossible to do so.

there are some nice documentaries about critical thinking and what is happening around us from some enigmatic experts and activists. they don't peddle conspiracy theories. they encourage you to explain things yourself. that is how education should be.

given all the facts, you reach your own conclusions.

but the sad fact is, at this age of internet, we are even more susceptible to propagandists and fake news.

only one weapon can be of serious help. clear and critical thinking with an open mind.

@xdude

did you know that Germans eat raw pork ? and no. it is not some rare one time or practiced by few thing.

they have that level of confidence to their food processing and sanitation industry. sea foods can be eaten raw, if handled properly after catching them. in India, cockroaches are considered either poisonous or harbouring harmful germs. so are drainage rodents or dirty ones. but they are farmed, caught, sold, cooked, eaten in many parts of the world, including some in India itself. take frog as another example.

finally i would ask you to read this answer.
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-the-Japanes...ooked-meat

so clearly, our views are biased. statistics can not be derived from one or two tv programs , comments by pundits or just a few of your own experiences. it is a totally different thing.
(04-19-2020, 08:18 PM)rudra Wrote: suppose you saw a video on YouTube where all the Australians were with beard. Does that mean all Australians have heard ?!

critical thinking...man ! that is not...

it is not about one YouTube video vs one quora post.

Either or both of them may be fake or may have faulty logic.

Hmmmm ..... @rudra  but I'd say that Quora has better quality testing for its content than YouTube any day.  For me there are many junk YouTube videos that shouldn't be allowed to stay, whereas with Quora looks like they work with both moderators and a system of rejecting junk topics and/or comments.  The participants in general in Quora platform may be high tech.  Like among the responses to any given quora topic when one Googles a topic, there will be at least one response in Quora that will make sense - and the system of Quora highlights that response.

That said though I do agree with critical thinking.  One should always use a BS detector with any content on the Internet.  Just some sources like Quora may have already had a BS detector of a kind used to get rid of the worst responses, and also arrange the content of responses in a user friendly way.  

Haha .... looks like I've just applied critical thinking to your post. Winking Tongue

(04-19-2020, 06:26 PM)fChk Wrote: Ok! I'll bite...

@rudra

China bashing is a US strategy to discredit China's rising power worldwide. It started a long-time ago and will only continue as China's assertive attitude mounts.
I'm all for China bashing myself presently.  The rising economic power of China dumping its cheap products every where has definitely not been to the world's advantage.  So many Western countries high standard businesses have bitten the dust when China undercut it with lower prices and lower quality products.  I genuinely don't have anything good to say about this "rising power"!  I'm not a great supporter of the open greed and corruption of capitalistic minded US, but I salute Trump taking China on any day.  For whatever dumb reason he has.  Any obstacle in China's way at least blocks something that is harmful to the world globally.  Particularly China's super aggressive entry into Africa and neo-colonization.  If at least there was something good like giving jobs.  But that's the thing.  They're not only exporting business, but they are settling their people wherever they do business and only employing their own people in their host countries - possibly having a few positions available for the poor citizens of their host country for menial tasks.  Calculating. Aggressively!!!!  Remember we have to do with the antithesis of freedom - a culture that is way against freedom of thought in their own country.  

I'm very concerned about what is going to happen after the Corona Virus recession.  If the US and also the UK are going to put China in its place.  Like call China on the Corona Virus and have a proper hearing about it, I'll be happy for it.  But no doubt there are big capitalistic tycoons in the US and in the UK who are mass producing their products in China, China has the world in a nice economic vice and politicians and government leaders have proven how untrustworthy they are.  Probably no lessons will have been learned and the greed and corruption and over population and pollution, environmental harm will continue.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I myself dont blame china/Chinese for anything but yeah there is People who do this of course you cant tell every single person not to blame china but i have a small comment here
Quote:also there are many other examples of communities eating raw or horrible looking food regularly..
Yes there is much but they will only remember the main reason of CoVID 19 which is only known to come from bats.
I hope this comment doesn't get removed because i really want to know how more how covid was created, is it because of the bats really or its just a word to blame china?
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting