arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
something i found on the web
qoute:

Post to host services are essentially message boards, forums. They try to lure active users, interested in server management, by giving them free VPS. Some of them also ask for backlinks (links from your website to theirs) for you to keep the servers.
Let’s take Post4vps as an example.
[Image: post4vps-free-vps-plans-791x534.png]
In order to even participate in the giveaway, you need to be an active forum user with at least 25 posts. Then, you can participate in a monthly raffle, where you may get one of the free VPS servers.
If after getting the server, you stop being an active contributor to a message board, the server will also be gone, almost immediately.
So, therefore – free VPS is possible, in theory. However, it’s very often a data mining operation, a straightforward scam or an attempt to build a fake community by promising its users freebies.
So, as you may imagine, the competition isn’t exactly shining. If you’re looking for the best free VPS, you may have a really hard time.
But I’ll try and make this right. If you’re now wondering “what should I do then?” , simply carry on reading.

what your thoughts?
Well,
As the other vps providers stopped, P4V is at the top now.
Most of his sentences are right because we have powerful servers and good sponsors so its not hard to find a vps, its hard to choose between the servers
(10-29-2018, 10:10 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: Well,
As the other vps providers stopped, P4V is at the top now.
Most of his sentences are right because we have powerful servers and good sponsors so its not hard to find a vps, its hard to choose between the servers

I think you're miss reading the criticism.
this is not a positive review over us.
Exactly everything they posted is correct.We have best VPS's and easy approach.The other he mentioned are just a shit.I tried that Amazon's free RDP.That sucks.Our forum is best, best plans with clean forum.
For me i think he is 100% correct.

(10-29-2018, 10:36 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: I think you're miss reading the criticism.
this is not a positive review over us.

So what are you thinking ? Changing the method or what? I think we don't need anything to update.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
Have you seen the site? It's shilling solely for paid web hosting providers. It's disgusting. The author/the site shills even for Hostinger which itself is a big scam given what kind of bad service it providers and what kind of information it wants from you.

Of course he is right about a few things such as GratisVPS, 5Jelly, 3Jelly and such. They're all true scams and data mining operations. However mixing legitime post 2 host forums such as this one of Gigarocket goes too far.

Never listen to shills and ignore them.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
@youssefbasha and @Rehan have you read the full article?

Here's what the website content writer said to Post4VPS:

Quote:What is the best free VPS?

Clearly, the best free VPS is none of the options mentioned above. They’re odd, scammy, and I was actually unable to register for any of them. So really, you have to ask yourself a question: why do you need a VPS?

Because if you’re looking for a VPS to build a regular website, you simply don’t need it. Earlier, I reviewed a lot of amazing free web hosting providers which offered legitimate, brilliant website hosting services for no fee whatsoever.

And if you’re specifically looking for a VPS because you need fewer technical limitations, or for example, you want to test an application, I strongly suggest one of the two options.

Use the infrastructure of companies like Google and Amazon.

Choose lengthy trial plans, which will give you premium quality and won’t ask you to pay immediately.

Then, if your project kicks off, maybe paying a little bit won’t be much of an issue?

He clearly says that Post4VPS is one of those "SCAM WEBSITE" with a follow up tag that there is no REAL FREE VPS THINGY!

All I can say about this author is HE IS A CLICK BAIT FELLAS! EARN $$ for ads as you can see lots of ads on his website.
I agree with @"Hidden Refuge" yeah author is right about some other sites but about Post4VPS he tryna say that post-to-host system is legit but very difficult. Just ignore it he only care about views on that article.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

That's what I called a perfect affiliate post. Not an average spam affiliate site/post. Author has pretty good writing abilities . After explaining how all free vps providers have gone out of service or become scam, he shows there is still running vps provider which is post4vps but without showing any advantage push the idea away and goes to his main target of the post, Recommending those trials of those his affiliated vps providers. For those who reading the post but don't have any idea about free vps providers would think post4vps won't work either.

He is not saying Post4vps is scam just try to move his audience away from it fast like saying oh check this is nice too but lets move on to next thing. The article is not written for educate people about free vps but to sell those free trials.

He is an affiliate so he just using one of those very common affiliate marketing technique. Since it's open for comments you guys can post there explaining, Post4vps does offer free vps and gaining and keeping is not hard at all. I should do that too. Smile

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

I can't seriously believe this. This damn little hosting review website is trying to judge the biggest "Free VPS" community of the time with a "scammy" title. Well, this doesn't offends me. This just makes me laugh. How noob can they be by writing this down? The data is collected for security purpose so no fake user can create account, make posts and get the VPS. Well, let's just ignore the criticism cuz "The more you are successful, the bigger the critics would be."
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
I find the review very poorly written enough to confuse people and enough to completely throw out post4vps, the giveaway process and post4vps.com.  I don't find it well written at all.  I disagree with @xdude.  This guy gave a very BAD writeup about post4host service in general - and threw out post4vps.com in the process - like at the end he specifically says not to despair as he has other solutions to suggest. This guy misrepresents.  If the review is his sum total experience of free hosting and VPS it is very iffy.  Be honest, if you read the part of the review about the giveaway process, does he give the impression he knows how the process really works - he has experience using it? 

I was completely unimpressed with the article starting with this opening sentence:

Quote:Compared to shared hosting, a Virtual Private Server is a much more advanced and expensive option – which costs more for the companies to maintain and the users to buy. And while finding good free web hosting isn’t that much of an issue, a free VPS is much, much more difficult.
This guy is misrepresenting.  In essence it is true, but getting really quality free web hosting these days can be just as difficult.  There are many less free hosts available in both free web hosting as well as free VPS.  But yes, due to the fact the VPS needs to get an IP, there is more of a challenge to get a "free" VPS than free hosting.  But remember that pin-up thread at freevps.us about all the scam shared hosting hosts.  Free shared hosting hoax sites are in great abundance out there as well.  Maybe his focus is more on VPSs in this article to the detriment of his knowledge about shared free hosting - but even as VPSs go he missed the point completely.  His scathing view of the giveaway process is so lacking in understanding - I'd be tempted to write to that review site and complain about the badly written review. 

I'd particularly protest against these paragraphs that were written about post4vps that clearly shows a great lack of insight on his part - and if you did carry on reading one would come to the conclusion this review is a "scam review" trying to sell the entry level of paid services - he's trying to score brownie points with them:

Quote:So, therefore – free VPS is possible, in theory. However, it’s very often a data mining operation, a straightforward scam or an attempt to build a fake community by promising its users freebies.

So, as you may imagine, the competition isn’t exactly shining. If you’re looking for the best free VPS, you may have a really hard time.

But I’ll try and make this right. If you’re now wondering “what should I do then?” , simply carry on reading.

There is a BIG difference between what those entry level/trial "free" VPSs offer than with the quality VPSs one can get at post4vps. Not to forget that in most instances one has to give the commerical VPS providers credit card info and detailed personal information - like for me there is more data mining with those kind of sites than post4vps could ever have.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting