arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which programming language
You could start with something like PHP and HTML if you want to make websites. Otherwise, I would stick to Python, because it's simple to learn. Be warned though, the built-in help is confusing and hard to understand, so maybe try an online course. Good Luck!
An easy language to start with is python. Older versions, such as python 2.7 are very easy to grasp, but can still be used for many things. After learning the basics of python and having a moderate understanding of programming, I would recommend moving to Javascript. You can use javascript to develop your skill and become a better programmer!
Actually, I think Ruby is easier to start. You have easy access to "gems" which are similar to Python packages and the syntax just screams simple and easier to understand for beginners. In comparison to Python/Ruby I'd recommend NodeJS more so than JavaScript outside of web development due to being a general purpose programming language..
If you have absolutely no experience in programming, I would recommend you to go for Python simply because the syntax is relatively simpler and the logic building is great. I would recommend that you learn the basics of Python then move on to classes and objects. 

Then you have the option to either stick to Python or move on to another language.

If you choose to stay with Python then you have a great opportunity in Data Analysis and from there I would recommend you move on to MySQL connector with Python

If you'd rather move on to another language then I would recommend Java or C++ or C#.

There are plenty of videos online to learn programming in any language.
If you're starting out, I would recommend something very basic. If you're going for web development I would recommend HTML then PHP. During actual development there are WordPress so you don't need to code anything from scratch.

Then I worked recommend Java. Then C++. Then .Net languages as they are advanced.
You can learn python but I've never found any actual application for it during development except if you're interested in hacking.
for very beginning starts from learning to create algorithm then go for very basic
language C
if you could create some interset and fluency
and then go for python, or JAVA
that is high level easy to start and consist lots of library and packages for various type of application
if you are going to use linux then starts from BASH (after completing C) because power of programming is comes from CLI
@curious_dg,
Probably not to start with C, eh? I saw how C written and it made me headache already for the first time. I know when I first learn C++ it's complicated but then I can follow the instructions clearly and right now I can write a basic C++ application. That time I already into programming and learn other language so I can survive while learning C++.

But C for newcomers? I think better go learn other language like Python that also useful for many things. There are many job application that require Python also nowadays.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
In my opinion, Javascript would be the best option to begin because you can mess with it with the chrome's DevTools. In Javascript, there are nothing called alloc and free so you dont need to worry about memory at the first place. Next, there are nothing called entry point also. Even a single line of javascript are considered valid. For example, window.alert("Hello words");

As you learn deeper into the javascript, you will learn more about the Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) stuffs such as classes. Then you will have an issue on type-casting. However, the experience you gain when dealing with such issues are very helpful in future programming and in progress of learning strong-typed programming such as C and C++.

If you want to write some desktop application, the next language that you should learn will be either C or C++. C++ is basically a extension toward the C with the OOP stuffs. In learning these language, you will learn more about the native system apis, byte ordering and memory management. Additionally, you will learn about the ASCII and Wide Char Text if you deal with Windows API.

Hope my opinion helps
i half agree with your opinion fujiwara2000 the best language to begin with is not javascript. the best is C++. which is much more easier then python or java. also c++ or c will help much more then java or python since it is the most used programming language that are existed.
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
I think that the easier language to learn for someone with 0 basics of programming is Python. But if you just study the basic concepts of programming you can start using directly C/C++, if you are hardcore, or for better assistence Java/C#.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting