arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quickest way to backup and restore WordPress Sites
This is a short tutorial for the quickest way to back up and restore WordPress sites.  It is lightning fast, and hasn't had a single problem for me yet.  I've used it many times.

You need to get the plugin below:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

You can download and install the plugin from your WordPress dashboard.

Next it is as easy as pie.  All you need to do is go to the AllinOne plugin link and export the WordPress site to file.  You can then save it to the hard disk of your computer.  You can do that every time you've worked on your Website as a way to back up your site.

OK, so let's say your VPS got wiped, or its life ended and you get a new VPS.  First thing you do of course is to modify the name servers of the domain you'll be using and give it some time to propagate first. 

Then, once you've loaded a new WordPress installation on the VPS, all you need to do is download the all in one wp migration plugin and then import the backup file from the hard disk of your computer.  Most important part after the import is to save the general settings twice.  Also remember that WordPress needs the user name and password of the backed up file, not of the new installation you created - so it's important to remember the backed up WordPress login and password details. 

When the backed up WordPress is imported, it completely overrides everything else on the WordPress installation.  So there's not need to fiddle with any of the settings before you import the backed up copy.  You're virtually installing an old copy of your Website exactly "as is" including all of the themes, plugins, configuration, pages and posts.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting