arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mysterious explosion in lebanon
(08-20-2020, 07:19 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: And because the whole world is now watching ..... so I do have some hopes this investigation with external sources will achieve something, at least.  Smile
Hopefully it will. But like with the Kashoggi investigation at end of 2018 when Turkey, Russia and the US controlled what "dumb people" get to know about the Kashoggi investigation, I wonder whether all of the details will be revealed truthfully and transparently. The politicians as per usual will decide what gets reported and what gets omitted. No doubt trying to protect themselves from civil suits and claims - all in the interest of the safety and security of Lebanon and the Middle East.

Sorry dude, I'm highly skeptical. Yes, I'm sure the FBI and France will do a great investigation, but the politicians will decide in the end what is published in the final report for public consumption.

I remember when I was following every detail of the Kashoggi case (the guy who got chopped up by a Saudi assassination team in the Saudi Consulate General in Turkey), there were daily reports in the media, until Trump decided it was time to cover it up and all of a sudden only the Washington Post, which was where Kashoggi had been a contributing journalist at the time of his death, was the only news paper covering his assassination. Somehow the FBI and the US were also able to get the media to not provide info about Kashoggi's background and family in the US - in the name of safety and security no doubt. I can't help but feel something similar will probably happen with this investigation. Since there are so many political factions in Lebanon to please and Lebanon's political setup is way more complicated and has potentially explosive connections (wheels within wheels) with many other countries and parties in the Middle East who are in conflict with one another.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: The mysterious explosion in lebanon - by deanhills - 08-20-2020, 08:22 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting