arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to enlarge local drive(C:) at a different time in windows?
(06-22-2019, 02:32 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: You actually can do such things but I wouldn't recommend it and I don't think that the OS partition would be properly able to deal with this.

The technology is simply called HDD spanning. You bascially just add the two physical HDDs together to one logic HDD. It's a Non-RAID drive architecture. Alternative names are SPAN or BIG.

In contrary to a RAID you can span together various different disks with different sizes and technologies. As amazing this might sound... it bears a lot of issues and disadvantages. Hence why I don't recommend it. Honestly, I don't even know a proper use case or someone who would really use it these days. RAID is state of the art nowadays.

Hm I see, I didn't actually go into that much detail when I was doing my research, I was just looking for an easy way to add some space from the one tera HDD to my C drive, but it wasn't do-able from the program I was using so I just ended up moving the other partition to the tera drive and adding the (now clear) partition's space to C drive.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it possible to enlarge local drive(C:) at a different time in windows? - by Honey - 06-22-2019, 06:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-30-2021, 07:03 PM
Last Post: hamed
07-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: chanalku91

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting