arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Size of photos when they are downloaded from camera to computer
I'm glad you have it figured out! 16MB is nothing when you check image size of those DSLR cameras. I get 85GB for JPSG's. I had a nightmare situation while I was editing images of my DSLR in Photoshop for first time. After editing like 20 photos, computer started acting funny. Suddenly it was soo slow and I was getting a massage saying no space in C drive. I coudln't understand it first because I was sure there were about 10 GB free space in C. Suddenly it has gone down to 100MB ! tried to sort it out for hour or so considered formatting the PC. Then suddenly I remembered Photoshop scratch memory problem. Yep Photoshop occupy about 5x of size image from memory for each image. Won't release till you close the problem even sometimes you have to run a cleaning software to clean temp files. That's when I checked the size of original images. Those were like 85MB, 98MB even 105MB!

I know your model coz one of my friends have it. She no longer use it but still its in working condition. I told her to send it to me since I collect cameras but more like my father have interest in it. Canon point and shoot cameras produce higher quality images compared to some other camera brands. Sony and Linux are exceptions.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting