arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huh... Y'all are active again?
Shocked 
(11-25-2018, 06:37 PM)rudra Wrote: haah ! i didnt know that was the strongest bone in our body ! though now it seems logical and trivial too. aam, how did you break it at that weird point ? it seems your leg was forced to move to an unnatural position. i am not an expert. seems the socket or cup is broken, no ? or both ball head and socket ? noo. that would be even weirder.

thanks for the link. i bookmarked it. i dont read stories involving family, relations, social drama anymore. except when they are biographical...that is non-fiction. fiction may have a kernel of truth, but the purpose is not truth but entertainment or passing some worldview, moral of the story or some such. biography is essentially a subjective account too...but i expect it to be better at presenting the true events.

now i wish you good health and slow recovery (he he ..me being selfish). take care

If you look carefully, it's only broken in one spot - but the break was rather impressive. I was involved in a very high speed car accident, as a passenger. The car was torn into a few pieces and we went through a few obstacles.

I went by ambulance to a hospital. I'm pretty remote, so that was quite an ordeal. The first hospital did some imaging and decided they weren't qualified to treat me. They also decided that there was a serious risk of major internal trauma.

To put that in perspective, I had bruising on 80% of my body. I broke some ribs. I have hairline fractures in a number of other bones. I was in the hospital for a couple of weeks and had in-home nursing staff for the first two weeks of being home. Fortunately, insurance will cover this stuff.

Anyhow, the femur snapped against the harness (the car didn't have regular seat belts, it had racing harnesses - it was a Mustang GT350, if you're curious and into cars). At least we're pretty sure that's what broke it.

The "only" break was right there where the femur takes the sharp turn into the ball part of the bone. It broke right there at that point and there were a number of fragments that needed to be cleaned up.

I'm stuffed to the gills with strong opiates, still. They keep me pretty drugged up, though I'm slowly cutting down on them.

I do gruelling sessions of physical therapy. That sucks. That's almost worse than the pain from the break - and it is exhausting, both physically and mentally. I'm actually about a month ahead of schedule with my PT, so there's a good chance that I'll be in the 20% that make a full recovery.

Yeah... Only 20% make a full recovery. 50% make a partial recovery, meaning they need a cane or crutches, whatever. 30% actually end up in an assisted living center - even in my age range. It's a pretty traumatic injury.

I don't fret about it. I'll get better, as much as I'm able. The PT sucks, but pain and work don't really scare me. My goal is to run again. I will run again, even if I have to lumber and it hurts!

Either way, it doesn't define me. It's not really important. It's just another story in a long story that is my life. It's all good! I'll heal and, in the meantime, they keep me stuffed with drugs!
Happily sponsored by Shadow Hosting & Post4VPS!

Messages In This Thread
Huh... Y'all are active again? - by KGIII - 11-24-2018, 06:42 PM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by rudra - 11-24-2018, 07:10 PM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by KGIII - 11-24-2018, 07:16 PM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by KGIII - 11-24-2018, 11:48 PM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by KGIII - 11-25-2018, 02:38 AM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by rudra - 11-25-2018, 03:17 AM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by KGIII - 11-25-2018, 03:34 AM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by rudra - 11-25-2018, 04:59 AM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by KGIII - 11-25-2018, 06:12 AM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by rudra - 11-25-2018, 06:59 AM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by KGIII - 11-25-2018, 08:27 AM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by deanhills - 11-25-2018, 01:17 PM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by rudra - 11-25-2018, 03:28 PM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by KGIII - 11-25-2018, 06:00 PM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by Manal - 11-25-2018, 05:41 PM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by rudra - 11-25-2018, 06:37 PM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by KGIII - 11-25-2018, 07:35 PM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by rudra - 11-25-2018, 07:57 PM
RE: Huh... Y'all are active again? - by KGIII - 11-25-2018, 08:51 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting