arrow_upward

[ADDED] Is a music category out of the question?
(11-27-2018, 01:54 PM)deanhills Wrote: I don't think it's a bad idea to have a separate arts section including music.  Maybe post4vps can experiment with it and see whether it takes off.  If it doesn't work, the staff can always merge it back with "General" later.  

Maybe the Arts Forum can include other creative arts like graphics arts, creative video including youtube projects, animated art, etc.  Would be nice for the Arts Sub-Forum to have its own tutorial section, software for arts and a reference section for where to get art. If this section works out, and one finds artists participating, we could even think of running a competition of sorts.

It has taken me a while to respond (I've responded to other stuff and some PMs) because I wanted to think about your suggestion.

I actually agree with you. I think an "Arts" category would be better than just a more specific "Music" category. The reason is, it invites more people to get involved and there's a much broader audience. If it takes off and it becomes an active category, they can always add sub-categories as needed/wanted.

As such, I'd like to formally change my request and have an "Arts" category added! I think that's a wonderful idea AND I am very certain that it can be both productive and educational. I absolutely love answering music questions and I'm sure someone here is a qualified graphic designer and another one edits videos. I bet a few draw, some have painted, and even a few write poetry or prose.

The broader category of Arts is a much better idea than the very specific category of Music, at least for the time being!

Your idea is brilliant and I approve!

Alas, I think only a few of us are interested in this and I don't think the admins are all that interested. Maybe I can bribe 'em by going around the site's default pages and correcting all the English mistakes? I'll put work in for it and earn us an Arts category!
Happily sponsored by Shadow Hosting & Post4VPS!
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is a music category out of the question? - by KGIII - 11-28-2018, 06:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-02-2020, 12:29 AM
Last Post: tiwil

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting