arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know what? I'm going to tell you a story!
(11-28-2018, 12:08 PM)deanhills Wrote: I'm also an insomniac.  So can relate.  I've given up sleeping when I'm supposed to though.  Like I rarely toss and turn.  I just get up and then get into the Internet - do Forums.  Must say however you completely beat me with writing by a million miles!  I can barely keep up ... and you're not just writing nonsense either.  You got me to play music ... am listening to an electric guitar rendition of Libertango.  Have you tried Libertango yet on the guitar?  It's not a perfect rendition.  But not bad.  I'd have preferred some more drama and passion in it ... as that is what the tango is for me.  Like for example the video below is a real work of art - music, song, and production with Mickey Rooney.  Performance, performer and the music itself.  Prayer for Magdalene by Oliver Dragojević.  

I'm almost certain we're going through a new age of music compositions. Like Havasi from Hungary. Even the instruments are being creatively modified.  Like the electric violin for example.  And electric cello.

I am pretty old and do not sleep well. So, I've had lots of time to work on things, such as improving my writing! I've also been paid to write, both music and some actual prose, as well as working a brief stint as a freelance journalist.

It's funny that you mention the electric violin and the electric cello. We have two ladies. One plays the flute, as you know, but they're both multi-instrumentalists and they both play electric violins and one plays the electric cello. They're pretty much played just like the regular instruments, but you can do more processing on the signal.

As I oft say, I'm sixty and that means I'd have slept for twenty years if I had slept for eight hours a day. So, I've enjoyed more of the good years.

And, you may notice that I don't say I'm retired. I'm pretty good at some things. I suck at being retired. I keep finding stuff to obligate myself to!
Happily sponsored by Shadow Hosting & Post4VPS!

Messages In This Thread
RE: You know what? I'm going to tell you a story! - by KGIII - 11-28-2018, 03:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting