arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitter annoyance - phone verifications out of the blue! What does this mean?
We have a Twitter account at another host that one of the Admin put lots of work in.  It was started in 2017 before the advent of TweetDeck, which meant that the account login and password had to be shared by the owner and the Admin who did the work, rather than giving the Admin Admin access.  Now of course it's much easier with TweetDeck, but then it was different.

When we tried to access the account a week ago, all of a sudden there is a popup from Twitter asking for verification by phone only, ending in two digits that the owner says is definitely not his phone number.  The annoying part was that the popup didn't even give an alternative option for e-mail verification, only phone verification.  Then to make it even more suspenseful, when I tried to do a password reset request as a Plan B to get past verification, I discovered that our Twitter account stopped receiving Twitter Notifications at our e-mail address since November last year.  It stopped on 24 November 2018.  I then went like a tooth comb through WHM e-mail lists, and looks as though the emails haven't been blocked or junked as they're nowhere to be found.  They just haven't been received.

I'm almost certain the account has not been hacked. If it had, I'm sure something would have looked different in the tweets and stood out. All of it looks as it normally looks.

So during all of that when I checked tracking - this is what I received, and here I'm lost.  What does this mean?  Not sure if I understand wrongly, but isn't this a routing system through Google that is for apps?  So could it be the routing system that is a problem for us, and is there a way to sort this out - like is there anything on our end we can do to make sure we receive those notifications?

This is the tracking numbers:

[Image: 2QJ6wiz.png]

Now what was interesting is that we have received an e-mail from Google in Ireland - [email protected].  Not sure whether this is significant.  The notification e-mails from [email protected] that we haven't received come from California in the US (says so in the footer of their notifications).
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-31-2018, 01:50 PM
Last Post: AwesomeCoolDude
01-15-2018, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Vuluts

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting