arrow_upward

Add Imgur extension to myBB post tools
(02-20-2019, 04:50 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: Google is still measuring page speed on loads.

What your saying about YouTube shows is a difficult thing. Unless you make the YouTube shows automatically start playing when users visit the pages, it should not affect the loading speed of pages.
I don't have personal experience, but suggestions have been made to add more media to pages as Google seems to like it. I picked up on it a little while ago when I was doing research on the topic. Part that works is to create alternative text to the image or links the way @Dynamo is already doing. Ditto with the video links.

I did a fast Google search just now - much more superficially than the last time, but here's an example of Google's thinking about images and using media for the future:
https://www.blog.google/products/search/...ul-search/

Quote:Over the last year, we’ve overhauled the Google Images algorithm to rank results that have both great images and great content on the page. For starters, the authority of a web page is now a more important signal in the ranking. If you’re doing a search for DIY shelving, the site behind the image is now more likely to be a site related to DIY projects. We also prioritize fresher content, so you’re more likely to visit a site that has been updated recently.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add Imgur extension to myBB post tools - by deanhills - 02-20-2019, 05:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-11-2021, 04:12 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting