arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wordfence - protection taken too far? Wordfence Alternative?
(07-11-2019, 01:48 AM)Manal Wrote: To reset password, I would make another dummy wp site and goto its phpmyadmin, goto db then get into users and copy my own salt and go to original site and replace it with old salt and password reset Smile. Better to reinstall
Thanks @Manal, you're right. That was a possibility too. It's what I used to do if there were a password issue in the past. However, I'm sure WordFence worked with something different to cause the white screen of death to come up. I could have fiddled more, but it was just way faster to start from scratch. At that point I was so annoyed with WordFence too, I just wanted to get rid of it and get the satisfaction to delete it in cpanel. WordFence did of course come up again after I had loaded a backup, but this time round I knew to disable the WordFence plugin first, before I logged into the backup of the site. Afterwards, I enabled WordFence again, as I was curious to see whether there would be any other consequences, but there weren't any. It was as though it never happened, so WordFence must be happy with my new password.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wordfence - protection taken too far? Wordfence Alternative? - by deanhills - 07-11-2019, 02:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-20-2020, 08:07 PM
Last Post: tbelldesignco

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting