arrow_upward

Poll: What's your opinion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
We are gonna meet the same fate.
40.00%
We are gonna conquer that thing.
20.00%
I really don't care...not my are of concern!
40.00%
Total
5 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonna meet the same fate as dinosaurs?
Hello everyone,

I really wish we'd had a 'Science' section in the forum coz this post is suited there. Never mind, this is the General Forum and I considered posting it here. 

So I've subscribed to a famous science newsletter and I'd been getting these alerts over the past few days. I considered sharing it because I feel it is a global issue and everyone has rights to express their opinions about this. Just google about it and you will find that two asteroids came really close to Earth while flying past the planet yesterday. The first one was at a distance of one million kilometers whereas the other one flew past Earth at merely one million kilometers! NASA says that any NEO  (i.e., a Near-Earth Object) is potentially hazardous if it comes closer to the planet than one million kilometers. This was really amazing! Refer to this article: https://www.sciencealert.com/an-asteroid...ed-in-time

I hope you guys know how did the dinosaurs go extinct. 65 million years ago, a massive asteroid hit the Earth. Now the dinos died not because the asteroid hit them directly, but it generated so much dust particles that subsequently the Earth was covered by dust clouds and sunlight was nowhere to be seen. This initiated the Ice Age during which the dinosaurs became extinct.

Now, there is a reason behind my illustrating this incident. The two asteroids that passed Earth yesterday weren't safe at all. Scientists say that there are a lot of forces acting on those particles which may deviate them from their path towards our planet. It's a definite possibility!

There's one more thing to be added. A decade from now, on Friday, April 13, 2029, a large asteroid will fly past our planet. That asteroid, called Apophis, stretches about 1,100 feet (340 meters) across and will pass within 19,000 miles (31,000 kilometers) of Earth's surface. You can read the full article here.

Now the website I quoted may say that the thing is safe and its a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the scientists, however, in reality, it isn't so. If you read what I've written previously. the asteroid will pass at 31000 km. That's a damn unsafe distance... in fact, NASA has already declared that it's a source of great worry for the human race at large. It will be seen by the naked eye at the South pole. There's no guarantee that the asteroid will fly past Earth. It's bigger than the great pyramid of Egypt and the gravitational forces and other effects do play a role. Research is on in full swing on how to destroy that asteroid if the need arises too, coz at present we, unfortunately, don't have that technology.

So guys now its time for yall to express your opinion. What do you think? Will the asteroid hit the Earth and lead to another Ice Age that will wipe out human civilization. Or at that time we will be so technologically advanced that we'll be able to destroy that damn mass. Vote the poll and express your views on the comments section. Looking forward to reading your replies and a great discussion.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Messages In This Thread
Gonna meet the same fate as dinosaurs? - by Sn1F3rt - 08-29-2019, 12:11 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting