arrow_upward

Poll: What's your opinion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
We are gonna meet the same fate.
40.00%
We are gonna conquer that thing.
20.00%
I really don't care...not my are of concern!
40.00%
Total
5 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonna meet the same fate as dinosaurs?
(08-29-2019, 02:19 PM)rudra Wrote: but a 400 or 500 meter one ? naah.... even a dino killer wont wipe humans now. we will not be able to destroy big asteroids on its track any day soon. or change course. but we will survive ...smaller than 50m dont land. two or more digit km ones are
so very rare and the bigger they are the surer their fate of being caught by jupiter and others. they are our safety net.
in between, we will survive. cause it wont melt earths crust etc.
Pretty much it's not of that diameter. It's a one kilometer giant asteroid. That's good enough to engulf a portion of the Earth where it strikes. Also, it will cause so much turbulence that it can start another Ice Age on the Earth which will be the cause of human extinction rather than the strike itself.

Moreover, it's not too be said that the idea of an asteroid destroyer isn't feasible. It's still a decade from now. You tell me to what extent science has made advancement in the past decade. Let's take an example - the very phone from which I'm posting this. Did you own a smartphone back in 2009? At least, none of my family members did. Let's go another decade back. Did you own a mobile back in 1999 (rather 1997) would be more appropriate. The essence of this is that a lot of devotion is being given to get a solution to this. Hence, it's never impossible that we can't have that technology which would be needed to destroy a massive asteroid.

As for the split particles, that question was raised in a NASA press conference. The officials said that scientists are debating over it and we'll have a definite solution to it in another year or so.

@humanpuff69: As I've said earlier too, the possibilities extend not to Stone Age, but the complete extinction of the human race as a direct result of the induction of another Ice Age, here on this planet.

@deanhills: It was very heart touching the way you wrote about the plight of the people there. However, that's the same condition here in India. We have innumerable number is people sleeping on the roads. As I'd says earlier in a previous post too, some people aren't able to afford there meals a day, some not even two and others starve to death. You see children not able to go to government school as they cannot afford a one time fee of hardly $1. All other articles are free, including uniforms, books and meals but the fact that they weren't given education since childhood. They work in tea stalls, you know. I think I needn't talk of beggars, you know their plight.

There are indeed various government schemes, which even upholds the right of an individual to a minimum living space but the fact is that the majority of mass are illiterate, so unaware of them and lack the basic knowledge of how to apply for these schemes.

You see there's Tata Hospital in Mumbai, where cancer patients are treated. Annually, thousands of cancer patients from so over the country come for treatment there. However, the beds are limited. Thus the people who don't get admission lie outside the hospital in a park. They live and sleep there, which eventually leads to incidents of murders and rapes. All aren't poor there, there are wealthy people also, but their wealth is just not enough to allow them to have treatment abroad.

You know it deeply pains me when I see old people begging. It's not that I'm not charitable....I do give them what I can but I know that's not enough to satisfy even their basic needs. But you see I'm bound by the same constrains they face - financial - just that their constraint is even worse than me. Can't really help it!

General for all: My views on this topic, is that whatever be the conditions prevelant right now, it's never a solution to have mass butchering of people. I do agree that all of you are stressing in the fact that humankind is the one which is destroying nature, but just ponder over the following sentences of mine. You know how old the human civilization is. At each stage, we've been developing. And it's still going on - great intentions are being made, it very in Chandrayaan 2 was launched. Developments are ever pervading, and go on at full swing every time.

Thus, if the Ice Age really starts on Earth a second time, we'll all die. Just to sum up, if that day really awaits us, then everyone will die if cold - be you a millionaire or a beggar. That's when we'll all be equal, when we do meet the ultimate fate.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gonna meet the same fate as dinosaurs? - by Sn1F3rt - 08-30-2019, 04:18 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting