arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chandrayaan-2 : NASA's the fate decider
Yes @Manal.. Definitely true. As I'd said in my first post, we're actually 95% successful to have the Chandrayaan-2's orbiter still in place and the lunar orbiters life is 7 years, so it'll help to capture frozen ice and other signs of water on the South Pole of the Moon. The lander counterpart was supposed to examine the grind for water symptoms but nevermind, the lander will provide for a good percentage of it.

Indeed, we're the first nation to have something landed on the south pole, even if it wasn't the planned soft-landing. And indeed the reason you posted is correct - it was due to the charged lunar dust storm which could've been easily avoided if the landing was delayed by just a day.

We would not only have avoided the somersault of the lander due to the charged particles acting, but also our mission would've been 100% successful.

Nevermind, cheers to ISRO for all their efforts!

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chandrayaan-2 : NASA's the fate decider - by Sn1F3rt - 09-20-2019, 06:11 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting