arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wordpress and cookie notice bootstrap
(10-21-2019, 09:32 AM)deanhills Wrote: That's exactly what makes me unhappy.  People just going with the flow, and through that, without the intention probably to do so, create a herd mentality.  You don't question whether anything is really necessary to do, you just do it.  The result with just doing whatever comes your way, like clicking on a cross, you just make those guys more powerful, so they in the end dictate to you how you should run your Website, or behave on the Internet.  It just chips away the freedom of moving unrestricted on the Internet, little bit by little bit.  So much so that people who don't even live in Europe feel they have to follow EEC media rules.  Why? And why aren't the questioning those rules?

Exactly Dean. This is something that attracts me here. Well honestly, as I'd said in my Robotics thread also, the mentality of people is that which has to be changed, if you're looking to bring about an actual change. So much so, the people themselves have to change, you em can't take they're brains out, reset the code and transfer it again. It's not Arduino!

The mindset is what decides it all, I know robotics and this is completely disjoint still, their essence does bear similarity considering the present world scenario. People are so used to ignoring things that come their way that half of them won't be able to say what was that notice about, which they just crossed out.

I'm not running a fool's show here that I'll be just taking sides with one point. I have solid proof to justify what I say. Take for instance my club's website. Our principal says, either you should properly display on your site, the privacy policy, or consider not making a website at all. Why? Doesn't the links in the footer to the T&C and PP suffice? Why do I forcibly need to disturb users with those useless on screen notifications which I know anyways won't be read. Those who care even a unit percent about their privacy, will search for the link and be obliged to read it. Again, a simple yet relevant example of EU's influence on those out side EU.

It's not that I don't want to put in hard work to display that notice. It that's takes a few minutes to set up. My point is - why should I spoon-feed my visitors. There problem is that things are nowadays being so automated and available on demand anytime, anywhere that people have stopped thinking. Mostly they enjoy the fruits of other's creation, don't consider working on their own. This simple gesture has led to authorities misusing their capabilities in order to force us to comply with GDPR. Simple bcuz people have forgotten the art of questioning nothing else, very sorry to say.

I dunno if things continue the way they are, whether we'll be ever able to solve this problem. None can change your, it's you who gotta change.

And one more thing that I was reminded of while reading your reply Dean. In a previous thread concerning a similar topic you'd said Dark Web is a place where these authorities can't creep in. Well I can't help agreeing, it indeed is, and I'm proud to be associated there.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Messages In This Thread
Wordpress and cookie notice bootstrap - by Gregol - 09-23-2019, 08:50 AM
RE: Wordpress and cookie notice bootstrap - by Sn1F3rt - 10-21-2019, 03:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-06-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Manal

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting