arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars Civilization - Feasible or not?
Hello friends,

Finally found some respite after two weeks of strenous club duties. So today I'm gonna discuss about Mars exploration, some recent developments and upcoming missions. Well I've been following this content ever since I've watched the movie 'Mission Mangal' as that was quite appealing to me.

So first let's talk about the topic of this thread itself - Is a civilization on Mars possible AND practically feasible? There are a number of factors which are gone play a role in deciding this. Of course, there's surviving conditions for human beings that is the topmost priority. But that's not all. There are many more things which have to be taken care of, if we're thinking about establishing a proper civilization on Mars. When I mentioned feasibility, other things like technology might be developed but the main area of concern, as of now, is economic feasibility. The budget of the Mangalyaan mission by ISRO was around INR 400 crore, whereas it was around 5 times this for NASA's Curiosity Rover. These things clearly state that it's not gonna be possible, at all to carry humans to Mars if such a tiny satellite carrying a Alto sized rover, can incur such high costs. Think if it was a hundred humans instead of that rover. The budget would've to be a thousand times compared to the former. Who's gonna issue these costs? The first and foremost concern is economic viability, which has to be significantly taken care of.

Now let's speak of a very recent development by NASA's Curiosity Rover, just a couple of days ago. Here's the article for everyone's reference: https://www.news18.com/amp/news/buzz/nas...95423.html : and it's worth a careful read. It highlights what a great discovery the rover has made by asserting that Mars has 30% more oxygen in it's atmosphere than expected. The reason of this huge spike is still unknown, which is certainly not due to processes like photosynthesis as living organisms lack on Mars. This is a great food for thought for scientists, as well as for all of us. This will give rise to be avenues and change of our concepts regarding Mars, which will eventually lead to higher developments.

The last thing of my post today would be the NASA's 2020 mission to Mars which will again pave roads to many unknown facts about the Red Planet, which will subsequently lead to better knowledge of the Martian surface, as the Rover shall land and study the surface of the planet.

With these points in mind, come on guys, let's talk of space science, Martian Missions and possiblity of life on the planet. Eagerly waiting for your responses.

Regards,

Messages In This Thread
Mars Civilization - Feasible or not? - by Sn1F3rt - 11-21-2019, 06:29 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting