arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 9 SELinux issues after upgrade to KVM
I don't know what your issues with VPS 9 are if you don't mention them.

The issues that @youssefbasha and @sohamb03 had are indeed at all mixed up with these common things a) CentOS 7 and b) SELinux being active and set to enforcing security level.

While the VPS of @youssefbasha was absolutely taken down by SELinux and couldn't be used at all, @sohamb03 simply couldn't change the hostname. However who knows what other issues he might have had if we would have ignored that hostname issue and kept SELinux active.

So given that you have CentOS 7 also I would most likely say that your issues whatever they actually are could indeed be related to the same culprit (SELinux). Disable SELinux on your system and see how things go from there (if you didn't already). Or try to set it to premissive as suggested by @fChk here. Although I'm really against SELinux as one should always take care of security at their own to learn and know what they do. And what good is a security feature that makes everything pretty useless and unusable, right? Not going to lie, I don't see any point in SELinux. Never had any issues after disabling it.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: VPS 9 SELinux issues after upgrade to KVM - by Mashiro - 12-08-2019, 12:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-25-2020, 05:34 PM
Last Post: OldMeister
09-23-2018, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Kururin

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting