arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 9 SELinux issues after upgrade to KVM
(12-08-2019, 12:02 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: (...)

So given that you have CentOS 7 also I would most likely say that your issues whatever they actually are could indeed be related to the same culprit (SELinux). Disable SELinux on your system and see how things go from there (if you didn't already). Or try to set it to premissive as suggested by @fChk here. Although I'm really against SELinux as one should always take care of security at their own to learn and know what they do. And what good is a security feature that makes everything pretty useless and unusable, right? Not going to lie, I don't see any point in SELinux. Never had any issues after disabling it.

@Hidden_Refuge
It's not an Either/OR situation here, SELinux is just another layer of system security that it is provided to you as well as all the rest, and you're advised to learn about and use it.

I understand your frustration with it; we've all being there at some point... The wise thing to do (as we all did) is to learn more about it then you'll be gratefull that it's their, at least when running one of RedHat systems.

@deanhills
For the situation at hand here, ie 'SELinux and virtualization', things can get really messed up if it's not configured properly at the host level, which is the responsibility of the VPS provider.

In Centos 7, SELinux is by default set to its enforcing mode. So if they ask you to disable it then it won't work at all, thus you should disable it (or never set it to the enforcing mode if it's already disabled.) You got your excuse right there...

(12-08-2019, 11:37 AM)deanhills Wrote: Yum also didn't look as though it loaded properly.
Centos 7 is the server edition of Fedora 20 and above and there were a lot of changes at that version. Among them the shift from the use of yum to dnf.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: VPS 9 SELinux issues after upgrade to KVM - by fChk - 12-09-2019, 06:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-25-2020, 05:34 PM
Last Post: OldMeister
09-23-2018, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Kururin

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting