arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 9 SELinux issues after upgrade to KVM
@deanhills

Great to hear. If you experience any hickups we're here to get the stone rollin and solve everyone's issues. I'm sure the folks are willing to help where and how everyone can Smile.

@fChk

I won't argue with you or anyone else on the topic of SELinux at this point. I grew up with Ubuntu 8.04 (how it all started), later moved to Debian (5/6), used CentOS 5/6 and a bit of 7 for a some years (mainly during my activity on FreeVPS.us) and returned to Debian 8/9/10 a few years ago (using it now and Ubuntu LTS a bit for some servers and projects). One could say I'm an old hand in business but such sayings are never really true because we always learn new things and stuff evolves further (sometimes to quick to catch up). I have never needed SELinux because I configure everything as needed and as secure as I can. The old school way (like I also actually still vote for BIOS and to get rid of Intel ME and other similar evil). That said I'm not against changes and new things!

Anyway. On the subject I've read some stuff about SELinux recently after working on these cases and reading your replies. It's not bad but you have to be prepared to learn and be aware that simple things turn into a task that requires more work and time. And most important maybe is that you need knowledge and proper management skills. Also (with my job and etc I don't have much of it).

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOjCJXHJhPg)

My two cents. Eitherway we shouldn't turn the support topics into "SELinux Yes vs SELinux No" or similar. Let's focus on actually solving issues.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: VPS 9 SELinux issues after upgrade to KVM - by Mashiro - 12-09-2019, 08:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-25-2020, 05:34 PM
Last Post: OldMeister
09-23-2018, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Kururin

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting