arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 9 SELinux issues after upgrade to KVM
OK.  So I have some free time at last to start on Project VPS 9 Phoenix again.  Off the bat immediately have problems.  I disabled Selinux and after trying to get into the VPS again (I did remember to reboot), root is no longer lower case - but ROOT - and my password is denied.

I then go for loading the OS again, and then learned the following from Virmach:

Quote:Note: This OS does not work with our protected IP addon.
Linux Centos 7.1503.01 X86 64 Minimal Gen2 V1

Not sure what that means. I take it my new IP that was given after the upgrade to KVM is protected. Everything seems to be protected. When I started reloading the only other closest CentOS version (the above version is the last available CentOS) 6.5 it says I only have 49 attempts left. Now that tells me a story in its own right. All of the Virmach upgraded customers are having to repeatedly reload their OS due to all of these finicky headaches we have to endure. Can't be an ideal situation for the Servers.

I've written to Virmach and asked them if they could set up my VPS so I can work with it again. As it's not working for me now. I also asked them why the first two upgraded VPSs are in such excellent form and we seem to have countless problems with the others necessitating a disabling of SeLinux. Why wasn't the disabling of SeLinux needed for the first two upgrades? Not sure what answer I'm going to get.

Anyway, what irks me too is when I accessed my VPS today there had been more than 36,000 attempts to get in. Last time when I tried to change the port number, it was successful for only two rounds, and then no longer after that.

My experience of this "upgrade" feels much more like a "downgrade" in every sense of the word. Grumble grumble grumble .... OK let's see what happens with CentOS 6.5. Last time I was unable to access the network with this CentOS.

Well I'm in 6.5 CentOS now. I'm first going to try to use it without disabling SeLinux and then see how far that gets me.
First project was to change port number.  Went through the whole thing.  All of the steps as previously successfully accomplished, but now this time round "no".  Who knows, maybe there are different steps for CentOS 6.5.  Have just reloaded the OS again and am starting from scratch again.

In the meanwhile results of the speed tests pain me when I consider it against my previous speed with my previous IP before the upgrade to KVM.  This was the speedtest after the upgrade taken today from South Africa when my IP was changed:

[Image: 8875187060.png]

This speed test was taken immediately after I received the new IP during early November:
[Image: 8813191142.png]

This was my last speed test taken in South Africa in August 2018 with the old IP:

[Image: 7532833913.png]

Latency is through the roof.

OK let's try again one last time, and also wait for feedback from Virmach. I'm going to let go of changing the port number now.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: VPS 9 SELinux issues after upgrade to KVM - by deanhills - 12-21-2019, 11:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-25-2020, 05:34 PM
Last Post: OldMeister
09-23-2018, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Kururin

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting