arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please recommend some budget laptops
Why not willing to go below 10th gen for intel ? Well, let me explain with examples. Here is the ASUS laptop i was talking about,

asus tuf r5 3550

Now you can find tens, if not hundreds, of older gen intel/AMD based laptops even at higher price point than this one with much worse performance. So buying an older thing just because I liked that once or that was a top dawg once is just plain bad choice. I have not much place for such sentiments in life. 

yes. older gens are adequate. But when I can buy the latest and better thing at almost the same price, then why go for those older ones to save just a couple thousands ? I consider that a bad call for laptops with 1 year base warranty and so many other limitations relative to desktops.

As you said, and from my experience too, laptops are very bad when it comes to upgradability, warranty period and cost for replacement. That is why I do not like them. But this is for a FRIEND.

10th gen intel chips are very good at power efficiency. so good performance and long backup.

NOTE. I forgot to mention. That laptop has a review from pewdiepie or whatever. That top dawg from youtube.

Now if it is desktop, I am all for going old gen. I myself buy used old gen parts still within warranty at heavy discounts and use or resale or both. That is fun. But I would say spending even rs 4000 for a used 8100 i3 is not ok when you can have 9100f at that or even lower, used.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Messages In This Thread
please recommend some budget laptops - by rudra - 01-29-2020, 08:04 AM
RE: please recommend some budget laptops - by rudra - 01-29-2020, 11:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting