arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS Installation in SolusVM via ISO
i am not installing OSes as frequently as i used to. hence i lack experience to figure it out myself. So i decided to all this to you.

connecting an HDD in another computer with an already installed Windows system sometimes used to give HAL error ( hardware abstraction layer) due to incompatible hardware change or io address conflict or something. but i don't see those with Windows 10 anymore. i don't mean it can't happen in such situations. just that i don't see them happen when i swap hdd like that.

i was under the impression that Linux was even better and it could recover even serious hardware change given a couple of reboots (usually one) and if the kernel was not a customized one but the generic ( slightly bigger) one.

so why preinstalled template for kvm would not work is beyond me.

please enlighten me how things could go wrong. some examples please...

thanks.

re. if this is the wrong thread for this, then i can start a new one. but it just feels relevant here.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting