arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a great formula aware search engine
(07-01-2020, 02:15 PM)rudra Wrote: @ikk157

i didn't imply cheating. i simply meant don't just yield easily as you said above. i don't like teaching for this very reason. they want solutions and suggestions. marks n ranks being the target.

"Simply just staying there killing braincells, looking at the question, trying to figure the answer out won’t get you anywhere."

it could not be any more wrong !!

let us talk about math... take it as if you are doing research. try to find ways to attack the problem or what might have helped. it is not just memorising. it is internalising. it should not be just amassing weapons. it should be organised with good strategy.

if your attitude ever infected the mathematicians, we would never progress in math. lol

also this worry of yours,

"
I do have to say, however, I’m not exactly sure how reliable aproach0 is. The last thing I’d want is to get so used to it and dependent on it that I get in deep trouble if it experiences any downtime when I need it. But only time will tell how well it fares uptime-wise."

very pointless. how dependable is our life ? did you notice that ? we always die with enough time....

this is not critical thinking.

having such an amazing resource even for a period of time is much better than not having it.

Also they have their old code base on github. may be you could set that up for your personal use.

Thinking about it, we’re not getting anywhere arguing on which learning method is best.

Why?

Well everyone is different. People have different ways of understanding things... what might work for you won’t necessarily work for me. And so on.

The fact that you can just figure things out by simply looking at the question and thinking is great, and you do have an advantage here since that’s what the current education system is based on.

However, I have unfortunately struggled to comprehend anything (even in mathematics) using this method. It’s just not for me. My way of understanding is as I’ve described above. Sometimes I even need a “jump start” with the working, you know things such as narrowing down what methods to use, and so on. 

This is exactly why I struggle to understand in class, but do much better when i self-study. 

To conclude, it really depends on the person. People have different ways of thinking. So there really is no wrong way here. It all depends on what works best for you, and in that case you do what suits you the most.

And it’s great that they have their source code on github, for sure allows anyone to self-host their own version for redundancy. I don’t know whether ill ever use it though... only time will tell.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.

Messages In This Thread
a great formula aware search engine - by rudra - 06-10-2020, 09:11 PM
RE: a great formula aware search engine - by ikk157 - 07-01-2020, 03:45 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting