arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord Servers Secured or not
(07-28-2020, 11:51 PM)Decent12 Wrote: Hi guys,
I have been thinking about it for a long time but never got time to open a thread here and take opinions of those people who are keeping a close eye on Softwares security and how reliable is their security.

What if I create a private discord server and invite no one to that channel and upload some of my important stuff? is there any security risk in doing that? is discord secured enough? or is there any chance of getting that data leaked?

From personal experience, discord tends to be insanely secure.

Why? Well for several reasons:

1) Their development team is constantly looking for security bugs in Discord itself and are actively fixing anything that pops up. So when it comes to security in terms of exploits, the developers of Discord have you covered.

2) as many people already mentioned, Discord servers in theory are supposed to be private and invite-only. Unless you decide to publicly share invites to make it public. For your use case, all you have to do is not share any invites. It’s that simple. That guarantees that it’s only you that has access to your server.

3) Discord has 2 factor authentication. Obviously even if you “secure” your server by not sharing invites, people can still get access to it if they break into your account. So enabling 2 factor authentication for your account (which is conveniently a feature discord had for ages!) ensures that you keep it as secure as possible.

4) I shouldn’t be saying this, but obviously ensure that your password is actually strong. You’d be surprised at how often people still use stupid and easy to guess passwords. As for what makes a password strong? That’s already been discussed on several occasions in this forum so just look it up if you don’t already know.

Combine all of these points together and you got yourself a very secure and trustworthy place for your stuff. 

I do however want to ask, why don’t you just use a service dedicated for that, such as google drive? While discord can be used as a place to store your files, it’s not really meant for it. For example, Discord has a file size limit, so you can only upload small files directly to it.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.

Messages In This Thread
Discord Servers Secured or not - by Decent12 - 07-28-2020, 11:51 PM
RE: Discord Servers Secured or not - by Sn1F3rt - 07-29-2020, 08:53 AM
RE: Discord Servers Secured or not - by tryp4vps - 08-10-2020, 10:23 AM
RE: Discord Servers Secured or not - by sAmI - 08-11-2020, 12:22 AM
RE: Discord Servers Secured or not - by ikk157 - 08-11-2020, 10:16 AM
RE: Discord Servers Secured or not - by ikk157 - 09-12-2020, 06:39 AM
RE: Discord Servers Secured or not - by Manal - 09-11-2020, 05:09 PM
RE: Discord Servers Secured or not - by Arkiven4 - 09-15-2020, 12:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-26-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: deanhills
06-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: adgod
10-30-2017, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Honey

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting