arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mysterious explosion in lebanon
A lot of misinformation going on here... here’s my two cents (based on what i understood, dont start attacking me):

From all of the research I’ve done since the incident, here’s what ive gathered:

6 years ago, a ship carrying 2750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate had to dock at the beirut port due to a technical issue. And upon inspection, they discovered that the ammonium nitrate payload it was carrying was not supported by any legal paperwork/permits. Hence, making it illegal. So the ship wasn’t allowed to sail and eventually the payload was unloaded and stored “temporarily” in a nearby warehouse... where it stayed there for a whopping 6 years.

Fast forward to a few days back, a firework warehouse/factory (not sure whether it was a factory or warehouse due to conflicting information) caught fire (before anyone starts saying no it’s not a firework factory/warehouse, first off do some research. Secondly, watch the video of the explosion, there’s one of someone standing right next to the warehouse! You can clearly see flashing lights and hear sounds that are characteristic of fireworks). This fire was believed to have been started by a person who was welding something on site.

Moments later, the explosion took place which killed/injured many and destroyed an insane amount of buildings, leaving well over 300,000 people homeless. The violent explosion was said to have been caused by the ammonium nitrate that I talked about earlier.

Now in theory, ammonium nitrate (a substance used in fertilizers, fireworks, explosives such as the ones used in mines, etc...) is known to **accelerate** combustion as it acts as a source of oxygen. Ammonium nitrate ALONE DOES NOT BURN, let alone explode. It needs to be mixed with other things, such as fuel, to form a violent combustion reaction, releasing a huge amount of gas rapidly, forming an explosion.

Now go back and look at where i mentioned that ammonium nitrate DOES NOT combust on its own. To everyone saying that it was just the ammonium nitrate that was the cause of the incident, chemistry proves you very wrong. There for sure was some other form of combustible material that had its combustion accelerated by the ammonium nitrate to form that explosion. It could possibly be the fireworks themselves, but we still dont know for sure.

And also, we dont quite know whether the ammonium nitrate was stored in the same warehouse as the fireworks, or if it was a neighboring warehouse. This is also one of the points that different sources seem to be in conflict with.

For a matter of fact, we can’t rely on these “experts” you guys are talking about. If you guys aren’t aware, there has been a lot of corruption in the labanese government, that’s what started protests since September of 2019... a lot is messed up with their government... and the fact that they’ve let this insane amount of ammonium nitrate stay improperly stored in a warehouse that’s right next to a thriving city is one of their irresponsible decisions, and they’re trying to cover up that they’re responsible to this explosion by any means, so we seriously can’t trust a word they or their “experts” say.

Even the locals themselves say that if anyone steps up to help them recover from this tragedy, not to send any money because their government will keep it to themselves. It’s like sending money to the people that caused this. I myself know people living there, and this is exactly what they’ve said. There’s also much more to the corruption going on there, but I’ll leave that as something for you to look up as i don’t need to get into a lot of detail on that aspect.

And please don’t aggressively attack people if you disagree... this seems to be a recurring thing here. It doesn’t hurt being nice and simply saying “I disagree on your point stating that xyz”.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The mysterious explosion in lebanon - by ikk157 - 08-08-2020, 12:38 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting