arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help in setting up IPv6 Tunnel on Huawei HG8045A router
sorry..i assumed too much... home internet ip would be behind some kind of NAT in most of the cases and so you will have trouble reaching from outside ...

But I see two ways out of this.

1) Miredo is a Teredo tunneling implementation that can traverse NAT. But I have no idea about how to configure it.

2) This is another conceptual thinking ... I never did this though ...

What is stopping you from bringing the ipv6 tunnel home to your pc is not having proper ipv4 environment.

What you can do is establish a VPN connection between your PC and VPS and configure it to route protocol 41 encapsulation packets from your pc. So basically you are replacing career NAT with your own personal NAT that you can configure ....so now the tunnel goes from HE servers to your pc via your VPS.

I am very confident that this second option can work and securely too.

EDIT. you got ipv6 only vps ... that wont work... you need ipv4 on vps...

Also, if you setup such a tunnel to your vps or get a vps with both ipv4 n ipv6, then you can just use socks proxy[ using ssh tunnel ] to access ipv6 addresses.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-10-2019, 02:32 PM
Last Post: humanpuff69
12-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting