arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AdGuard Home - Free & Self-hosted DNS sinkhole Adblocker
@deanhills Hey Bud. Thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately I have never used the AdGuard Windows client. I only used the AdGuard Android application on my Android devices to get rid of advertising in web browsers and other applications. I was fed up of advertising eating up time and bandwith. Firefox, while it has addon support to use ad blockers, is absolutely super slow on mobile devices.

I guess you can simply whitelist web pages where you don't want advertising to be removed / filtered out. There should be a whitelist somewhere in the application. The Android app also has a whitelist where you can add domains / sites that will not be filtered.

Personally I use µBlock Origin in my current web browser (Microsoft Edge Chromium) and it works the best so far. I enabled all available filters plus the filters for my country. I rarely see advertising on any websites. I can also turn off the ad blocker on a per site basis to basically whitelist the page (to allow ads on that site). I can really recommend µBlock Origin for web browsers.

About pages that block you for running an ad blocker without any way to use the page with an ad blocker. For your own sake and sanity I would recommend to avoid such sites. They clearly DO NOT welcome you. I stopped visiting such sites unless I really really need to get to content on that page. I don't even bother anymore with such sites. Bascially whoever tells me what to do can pack their bag and go the other way around. I recommend anyone who uses ad blockers to do the same. The sites blocking users this way harm themselves more... at their own fault.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: AdGuard Home - Free & Self-hosted DNS sinkhole Adblocker - by Mashiro - 03-18-2021, 11:25 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting