arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
free anti-ddos websites
(04-24-2021, 07:28 PM)Mashiro Wrote: Hosting providers with some kind of free DDoS protection are:
- Linode
- Hetzner Cloud
- OVH

Cannot really name more as I didn't have products with any other providers so far.

Digital Ocean DOES NOT offer free DDoS protection! In fact Digital Ocean will cut down the network of your VPS it if gets attacked. There are several threads on their own forum where people asked about DDoS protection. Digital Ocean has hardware DDoS protection at their data center level but that doesn't apply for your VPS droplets! If you get attacked your VPS will be shutdown or the network will cut.

Vultr also DOES NOT offer free DDoS protection. Paid DDoS protection for their product start at 10$ and upwards.

To your last question: you are look for a anti spam solution. There are multiple ways to combat this. And it depends a lot on what you are hosting. Stuff like MyBB, Wordpress and etc. have the ability to use services like Akismet or StopForumSpam. With the right configuration of these things you can block 95% of bots (maybe even 100% but sometimes you will still get little spam that looks like it is handmade but could be a very new kind of bot that isn't well known, yet).

DDoS protection will not block any of the bots unless they are actually attacking your server.

Another thing that helps is CloudFlare as it will filter out a lot of bots and it includes DDoS protection BUT THERE IS THE BIG BUT... as a free CloudFlare customer you're not really entitled to any guaranteed protection in terms of DDoS. If the attacks become too big CloudFlare will disable the protection for your domain and the attack will hit your real server directly.

You mean, like, all those anti-ddos sites shutting down when you attack? If so, sites should be shut down (minute by minute). You are wrong I think. I asked my friends and they said that this software will only block the IPs that attack. In fact, it is
Thanks Post4VPS

Messages In This Thread
free anti-ddos websites - by hamed - 04-24-2021, 12:44 PM
RE: free anti-ddos websites - by debjit - 04-24-2021, 02:08 PM
RE: free anti-ddos websites - by hamed - 04-24-2021, 05:01 PM
RE: free anti-ddos websites - by debjit - 04-24-2021, 05:53 PM
RE: free anti-ddos websites - by Mashiro - 04-24-2021, 07:28 PM
RE: free anti-ddos websites - by hamed - 04-28-2021, 01:36 PM
RE: free anti-ddos websites - by Mashiro - 04-28-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: free anti-ddos websites - by hamed - 04-30-2021, 06:52 PM
RE: free anti-ddos websites - by deanhills - 04-29-2021, 08:51 AM
RE: free anti-ddos websites - by Sn1F3rt - 04-30-2021, 10:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-05-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: AmirGT

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting