arrow_upward

Poll: Do you think a paid alternative is an good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
No
0%
Total
0 vote(s)
0%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Features for OpenSource Exam System v2
(07-11-2021, 11:18 AM)fChk Wrote: I understand.. But if I were in your shoes, I would refrain from learning anything else till I master JavaScript (JS) first.. Without JS no modern WebDev is possible.. The shortcut of using ready-to-use frameworks is futile!..

JavaScript mastery has to be at 2 levels:
> the core language itself, meaning the syntax, the semantics and the assumptions etc..
> its use as the front-end scripting language which entails understanding the browser's APIs and DOM (Document Object Model) and their scripting with JS.

Okay!.. Although they are 5 years late in using HMAc hash as of Jul, 27 2020..

Indeed!.. Session data are generally stored in the session's table and the Session_ID stored in the session_cookie is what links that data to the user.. Every time the user requests something, the PHP script starts by fetching the user's session_ID from the session cookie then fetches the user's data by looking it up in the session table.

But my question was about the cookie itself!.. What differs it from the other?.. It's the expiry time: session cookies are temporary by definition and are lost when the browser exits, if -of course- they are still valid.

-Worth mentioning-
What this means is that people who don't explicitly logout will continue to have valid session cookies and this is hazardous given the possibility of session cookies hijacking.. Hence why it's always a good idea to logout when we're done with any critical login session!

There is a misunderstanding here. I asked about the business logic not the business plan. In short, it's the workflow/logic that you want your app to perform from start to finish. Once that is logic is laid out, it becomes easier to add refinements here and there based on that pre-defined workflow. At least that's how I do things.

Good Luck!..

I don't think for this small of a project it is necessary to master the Js and then go for it. Mastering a language takes time and I don't have much. After a day job, it is really hard to make it work.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .

Messages In This Thread
RE: Features for OpenSource Exam System v2 - by debjit - 07-11-2021, 05:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting