arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver Pack Solution - Free Driver Installer!
(06-15-2018, 05:46 AM)adgod Wrote: I have a old Dell Inspiron with a i3 and 2 GB ram (now I've upgraded to 6 GCool. It's very slow compared to its specs. So I guess I'll also do the BIOS and chipset upgrade if that helps
It made a positive difference in my case.  Here is how I did it:

1. Search for the drivers and downloads page for Dell - for me it is:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/za/en/z...pp=drivers

Note: Dell may (or may not) search for the SupportAssist function of your Dell software - it did when I did the diagnostics test. If it can't find it on your computer it will prompt you to download it - you need to do so so that Dell can successfully interact with your computer to identify what serial it is. Depending on the anti-virus software you have - if they interfere you'll have to turn them off until you've fixed the drivers - mine didn't interfere - but I expect it will once I do my next scan with MalWareBytes.

2. When Dell prompts you for the serial number of your computer you can find the serial number this way:
You have to get to the command line of your Windows by typing "cmd" in the search box. Once you're in the command line you have to type this command:
wmic bios get serialnumber

3. Type in the serial number from Step 1 and it will come up with a list of the drivers and links to downloads that are specific for your computer.  Don't go for any links except the ones that Dell has identified for your specific computer.

Tips:
1. Make sure you update the drivers in the right sequence.  You have to do the BIOS first, and the chipset second. 
2. Click on the "critical drivers" tab so you get the most important drivers first.

After that you could do a performance test where Dell will recommend all kinds of ways you could increase the performance of your computer.  Here is where Dell explains the steps for doing it:
http://www.dell.com/support/article/za/e...=en#Online
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driver Pack Solution - Free Driver Installer! - by deanhills - 06-15-2018, 02:41 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting