arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver Pack Solution - Free Driver Installer!
(06-16-2018, 05:34 AM)IEpicDestroyer Wrote: Why does one use a third party software to install drivers onto a computer?  Not that hard to locate the publisher's drivers off the internet and Windows update covers some of the drivers automatically.  If you properly look them up online, I doubt you can't locate the driver unless there wasn't a specific driver for the piece of hardware in the first place, just some Microsoft driver that's automatically installed...
Please don't go for Windows updates for updating important drivers like graphics drivers - only go to the Manufacturer. Windows driver updates can be as incompatible as any other third party driver. 

I've had real problems with Microsoft Windows updates for updating a graphics driver.  That happened a few months ago.  For me Windows updates since it's forced on a person has become almost like a malware third party in its own right.  Microsoft should really get its act together and make updates that don't have to do with Windows directly, such as updates for drivers, optional updates that once one has "hidden" the update, will never return. 

I remember I noticed the graphics driver update the first time round and hid it - and then the next time it slipped through when I wasn't carefully looking. Ditto Windows Defender - Windows 7 doesn't come with Defender and I have Microsoft Security Solutions properly installed - and at some or other point it loaded Defender updates without Defender been properly installed - if you check my software it isn't listed there.  Right now I'm not using Windows 7 updates at all as with the last "roll up" of Windows 7 updates it completely brought my computer to its knees.  I had to roll it back to the previous set of updates.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driver Pack Solution - Free Driver Installer! - by deanhills - 06-16-2018, 09:28 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting