arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one for "dumb" phones?
I understand elderly and children. With the elderly, they can get intimidated or overwhelmed by all of the features of a modern mobile device. My grandfather won an ipad from the bank once and he asked me to help him put windows 95 on it because that's all he ever learned to use. Of course I laughed at him, but I think this would be a much better alternative for him. As for children, there is a different motivation to get them a dumbed down android phone. You want them to be able to contact you or emergency services when something serious happens, but don't yet want their innocence to be taken by the internet culture. This can, of course be remedied by a parental filter, but I heard some of the smarter kids could always find a way around it.

Now we get to the people who claim that smart phones have ruined their lives. That's just stupidity. They allow themselves to engorge in trashy social media and PM people they never met for hours a day , and then they say the phones are doing it. They demonize the wonderful achievements of all the scientists and engineers who designed these awesome devices because they don't know how to moderate themselves or ever use the internet to do something beneficial. It just really annoys me how people blames the internet for their bad self-discipline, but then again it can be argued that they are more self-disciplined than others because they decided to ditch the feature-rich phones. I guess where you can draw the line between the two is when people start to tell others they should do it too.
[Image: jVR9s2p.png]

Messages In This Thread
Any one for "dumb" phones? - by deanhills - 07-05-2018, 11:30 PM
RE: Any one for "dumb" phones? - by SeductiveWalrus - 07-06-2018, 01:02 AM
RE: Any one for "dumb" phones? - by Mashiro - 07-06-2018, 05:12 AM
RE: Any one for "dumb" phones? - by deanhills - 07-06-2018, 11:21 PM
RE: Any one for "dumb" phones? - by humanpuff69 - 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
RE: Any one for "dumb" phones? - by deanhills - 07-07-2018, 02:50 PM
RE: Any one for "dumb" phones? - by Golden - 07-25-2018, 07:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
08-16-2020, 10:55 AM
Last Post: tryp4vps
07-30-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Lampard

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting