arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PlayStation 4 Kernel Exploits Discussion
@humanpuff69

Well, I don't know when the last time was that you heard about progress on this subject but the exploit for 5.05/5.07 is actually not that new but still recent. It was published in May 2018 while hints towards it already existed before that time of course.

Yes, these exploits or hacks are for people who are mostly interested in homebrew usage and breaking out of the limits that developers of such products impose on people. I'm not sure about what you mean with "encourage developers to write software and unleash their creativity". I mean sure with this the Sony developers are encouraged to fix holes and etc but they're working against their own users/fans and buyers in such as case mostly. Or did you mean that people who these consoles enable ways for other developers to code their own apps for the console?

I personally don't see a big problem with piracy in this subject either but that might be due to my nature. In my country it is allowed to have a private copy of a game, software, movie, song and etc. With how Sony however handles things like broken disks and installed games (first you have to buy a new disk, deinstall the old game and loose all your progress saves and then install the game again to start a zero)... I would certainly want to have a digital backup of the disk of my games.

As unfortune as we are though people with bad things in mind use exactly this to make illegal copies of the games and the exploit enables others to install and play the games. So there is certainly a problem here but I wouldn't call it a big one. After all these companies are anti consumer and are forcing DRM with malware and etc on us the users who pay their hard earned money for the console and the games. I'm not going to play along with them.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: PlayStation 4 Kernel Exploits Discussion - by Mashiro - 07-12-2018, 12:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting