arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ADDED]Monthly Post Counter Plugin
Lampard Wrote:@deanhills is also right about when someone is having a nice mood, i would feel like making so many posts in a day and that too with great quality. Now that rule is just simply removing all the freedom that a user should usually get in forums.

Absolutely agreed @Lampard.  Tonight I was in a great mood to post.  However I noticed that the 4 post max rule had already been implemented.  I could feel it personally effecting me and it demotivated me.  It also made me think of the technical consequence of this with no real reward in the end for the Forum.

How I noticed it is because the post counter was reset in between my last posting session yesterday and today's posting session.  I could check how the post counter counted my posts of today one by one.  The post counter stopped counting the posts after the 4th post I made.  The post I'm making now is post #6.

My personal feeling when I noticed it in action is one of being penalized for making additional posts.  The owner doesn't want me to make more than 4 posts a day.  I've been posting an average of over 50 posts a month since I joined post4vps.  So if I stick to the rule and only make 20 posts and stop right there, then technically post4vps will be losing 20 posts plus per month from me at the very least. 

Just imagine a new member registering and we all know how new members like to post.  Those new bulk posts are good for post numbers.  So the new quality member notices that after his 4th post the counter is no longer counting his posts.  I guess the staff then will have an inquiry from the new member.  At the same time the new member will have been demotivated and decided he'll start posting the next day - maybe even forget he joined the forum the day before.  The more posts a new member makes - in my experience - the more likely he will feel rooted to the forum.  If I were a new member and I don't see my posts being credited, I'll stop posting.

Like exactly what will have been achieved by the new rule?  Like is it going to stop the person who is going to make 4 posts per day over 5 days to get to 20, from making low quality posts?  I don't think so.  He made low quality posts at freevps and he is continuing with making low quality posts at post4vps - history is repeating itself. There is a good case for him continuing to make low quality posts in future. He'll now make the 20 low quality posts in the last 5 days of the month.  At the expense of demotivating members who are making quality posts and post4vps losing posts as a consequence.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
[ADDED]Monthly Post Counter Plugin - by Dynamo - 09-11-2018, 05:29 PM
RE: [ADDED]Monthly Post Counter Plugin - by tiwil - 09-11-2018, 10:52 PM
RE: [ADDED]Monthly Post Counter Plugin - by perry - 09-12-2018, 11:48 AM
RE: [ADDED]Monthly Post Counter Plugin - by Rehan - 09-12-2018, 03:43 PM
RE: [ADDED]Monthly Post Counter Plugin - by deanhills - 09-13-2018, 08:46 PM
RE: [ADDED]Monthly Post Counter Plugin - by TrK - 10-19-2018, 04:59 AM
RE: [ADDED]Monthly Post Counter Plugin - by Rehan - 10-19-2018, 01:50 PM
RE: [ADDED]Monthly Post Counter Plugin - by TrK - 10-19-2018, 04:18 PM
RE: [ADDED]Monthly Post Counter Plugin - by TrK - 10-24-2018, 03:47 AM
RE: [ADDED]Monthly Post Counter Plugin - by rudra - 11-24-2018, 08:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting